Which paint/sealant to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmh3988

Hatchling Member
I got a wooden viv off of craigslist and need to paint and seal the inside. What brand or type of paint/sealant should I look for? Anything to definitely avoid?

Thanks!

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I used polyurethane (min wax), but polycryclic or epoxy is also an option. Avoid oils and anything that doesn't form a hard waterproof shell.

Also, read the label for whatever you choose to understand the curing time. I'd even google "cure time for ...." To double check. Polyurethane makes a great seal, but can take about 1-2 weeks to cure completely.

TheReptile838

Hatchling Member
Sorry, I won't be much help for the inside, because I don't know if this would be ok inside.
I'm getting my dragon this coming Saturday, so a made sure that I did this a few months earlier.
I painted the outside of my wooden vivarium with white paint, undercoat/primer with a top coat (Gloss)
It was the Dulux Brand. I'm not any expert with this stuff, but all I had to know if it was non toxic. I did this because it was second hand and it made it look newer and nicer.
However, for the inside, I'm not too sure if it would be ok because the beardie might scratch off the paint (with the type I used on the outside). But again, I'm no expert.

Hope I helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom