Good sealants for grout? Help appreciated!

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
Hi! I'm building some some rocks for Pancake to climb on and I can't decide what kind of sealant to get. The only one I know of is Mod Podge. Is there any sort of master list for sealants? Any recommendations from personal experience (and links if possible!) would be of great help. The grouting is almost done, and then I'll paint it before I seal it.

Here's what I got:
20230826_162252.jpg
The grout has dried a lot lighter than I wanted but I guess it's fine since I was going to paint it anyway. I'm going to probably attach some air plants to it as well (if that's okay??) and figure out how to make a nice 2D background.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! I'm building some some rocks for Pancake to climb on and I can't decide what kind of sealant to get. The only one I know of is Mod Podge. Is there any sort of master list for sealants? Any recommendations from personal experience (and links if possible!) would be of great help. The grouting is almost done, and then I'll paint it before I seal it.

Here's what I got:
View attachment 83372
The grout has dried a lot lighter than I wanted but I guess it's fine since I was going to paint it anyway. I'm going to probably attach some air plants to it as well (if that's okay??) and figure out how to make a nice 2D background.
Cooper dragon can help you w/ this
@CooperDragon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
AFM Grout sealer should be pretty safe to use if you want to seal it against moisture. Since you are planning to paint it, you may not need to seal it though since the paint should give it a reasonable level of protection.

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
AFM Grout sealer should be pretty safe to use if you want to seal it against moisture. Since you are planning to paint it, you may not need to seal it though since the paint should give it a reasonable level of protection.
Thanks! I might not cover the whole thing in paint because I was thinking of using a dry brush technique but we'll see. I ended up buying some outdoor mod podge as well as hard coat mod podge.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom