paint

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
im wanting to upgrade reggies hide but all the hides are expensive. i was planning on just using a cardboard box and painting it if i can. what paint should i use thats safe for him? also can i just paint it and put it in once its dry or do i need like a clear coat of something to make sure it doesnt chip off or anything? i dont paint so im not really sure what to do.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
im wanting to upgrade reggies hide but all the hides are expensive. i was planning on just using a cardboard box and painting it if i can. what paint should i use thats safe for him? also can i just paint it and put it in once its dry or do i need like a clear coat of something to make sure it doesnt chip off or anything? i dont paint so im not really sure what to do.
I dont know anything about paint for dragons etc but heres a hide that I use in one of my tanks - its easy to wash - your not going to be able to wash cardboard or disinfectant it

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You need a low voc paint, and it has to dry to zero smell/fumes. I would also say seal it with clear coat. It has to have zero fumes though, beardies have a more simple respotory system than us and it could irritate him if it still has a smell to it.

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
I dont know anything about paint for dragons etc but heres a hide that I use in one of my tanks - its easy to wash - your not going to be able to wash cardboard or disinfectant it
thank you this one isnt to expensive either. i honestly didnt even think about the fact that i couldnt clean cardboard

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom