When taking baths, do their tummys fill up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaderose

I've been bathing Woody in the bathroom sink every other day. The water is baby bath warm and up to his arm pits. I notice he seems fatter after his bath. Do they really intake that much?

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
He may just bloat. I have one beardie that completely puffs out during baths to make himself a floatation device. Others don't just him.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Aye its mostly them puffing themselves up.
Have you noticed they can double in size when they are soaking up light from their bulbs?
Quite a few beardies "pancake" in the bath aswell.
Ruben will always puff himself right out in the bath. Afterwards he will stay all round for a while whilst he's still nice and warm. The more body surface the more heat they can soak up ^_^

Holly

Jaderose

Original Poster
Lol. He is definitely making himself float. I also like how his rear legs stick straight out to the sides when he takes his little poops. My toddler shouts, he gonna POOP!. :mrgreen:

Our boy does the same thing. We call him a puffer fish at bath time. It's hilarious how big they can blow themselves up! When he's basking he turns into a huge pancake! and flat!! I put him on my chest outside in the sun and he looks like a frisbe you can throw. You can feel the hard cord around the sides of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom