Mr. Bath-Time Maya

noella5088

Juvie Member
Today was bath day! I knew he had to go to the bathroom so I set him up in a jacuzzi bath with a washcloth that supported his head. He was content in the jacuzzi bath and closed his eyes. He enjoyed his warm water bath. After 5-10 minutes of the jacuzzi, I figured he'd like to move around better in the tub. He continued to snooze there. I dried him off after 10 minutes. (He had 20 minutes. No results of poop) I put him back in his tank. An hour or so later, he went nuts, trying to get out. I went ahead and gave him another bath.
The only thing was that we have no hot water until tomorrow so I've been heating up water on the stove to give to him. The silly boy had his eyes closed. Relaxing. Then I realized he was waiting for the light to go on with the fan. Within five minutes, he took a big poop and soft urate. Smiling beardie. Happy beardie. He was feeling happy after that.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Cute story — just remember, bathing your bearded dragon is completely unnecessary unless he soils himself. Too much can cause problems, and using a warm bath to defecate can result in a sort of ‘pre-mature’ stool where his body wasn’t able to absorb the rest of the leftover nutrients from it.

If he can’t defecate on his own, that is likely due to an issue regarding his husbandry. Just bear that in mind. If your husbandry is on par, you can let his body do its thing. My boy is 8 months old and poops every other day to every three day, usually 3-4x a week.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He poops every three to four days. He just doesn't like going in his tank anymore. He'll attract my attention when he has to go. He'll run for the bathroom and go.
He's nine years old.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
He poops every three to four days. He just doesn't like going in his tank anymore. He'll attract my attention when he has to go. He'll run for the bathroom and go.
He's nine years old.
Okay, if that’s what works for him then I see no issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom