What Size Can A Beardie Start Wearing A Harness/Leash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Just wondering at what size can a BD start wearing a small harness?
Mine is 10 3/4" and weighs 81 grams.
I'd really like to start her getting use to one. What are ones that you guys recommend?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They can start at any age, given you can find something that would fit.

I had to make my own leese (what we call leashes -- long story) because I didn't like what was sold in the stores.
Given yours is still a baby, you could simply use a shoelace (sneaker types are best) and criss-cross it across her chest and loop it on her back to create a "hook". As she grows, you could experiment with ones sold in stores, perhaps for ferrets or other small animals, and see which ones work best for her.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was at the pet store and picked up a small hamster harness for $5.
I tried it out on her and it works pretty good. She fussed alittle when I was putting it on but once it was on she stayed on my shoulder. Ended up going for a 1/2 hour walk since it was so nice. She moved around the back of my neck to the other shoulder about half way.
The way it hooks up is nice. :D

Haley86

Warning!!!
I went to my local pet store and they said due to beardie's structure when they stick their toungue out it pushes a bone out which will break/cause death if there's anything restricting it, they reccommended a ferret harness as it focuses more on the underside, but I ended up fasioning my own based on specs from google searches as the ferret harnesses were too big. Using a material that doesn't stick to their scales will reduce strugling as well. Either way avoid thing that wrap close around the neck andyou should be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom