UVB lighting

Can someone please tell me what the appropriate lighting is for my beardie. I have looked at other conversations but there is so much going on in the conversations that I cannot keep up with them.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
If you are in the US, your best bet is to get a tube style UVB (arcadia 12% or zoomed 10.0 HO) that spanns about 2/3 of your tank.

If you are in the EU you probably have access to a mhb but I think they are hard to get elsewhere.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
The watts will correlate to the lenght of the bulb usually. The longer bulbs have more watts, the shorter will have less.
You want a T5 (that is how thick the tube is) and a lenght that fits your tank

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can someone please tell me what the appropriate lighting is for my beardie. I have looked at other conversations but there is so much going on in the conversations that I cannot keep up with them.
What size is the tank - I generally recommend a 24" fixture for a 40 -120 gallon tank - are you in the states I can post links for 3 good UVB's if you want them

ScooterRenee2022

Original Poster
What size is the tank - I generally recommend a 24" fixture for a 40 -120 gallon tank - are you in the states I can post links for 3 good UVB's if you want them
I am in the US my tank is 36 inches long. But I also need to purchase from Amazon. We get packages stolen and Amazon is the only company that delivers directly to my door.

ScooterRenee2022

Original Poster
When I looked at the Reptisun sorry not reptizoo. I got confused with the two of them. but I find there is different wattage. With lights. What does it mean.

ScooterRenee2022

Original Poster
With fedex they do not deliver to my door. I have tried everything even calling the company when I have a tracking number. There are even signs posted in the hallway and they don’t do it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I see different types of reptizoo and I have a wire mesh hood to my tank so what would be best
You want a long tube fixture --
24" Zoo Med comes w/ a 5.0 bulb but you need the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
22" bulb Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
Arcadia Pro T 5 found at Pet Smart 12% bulb 24 watt
Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
or this one you need the 24" or 2 ft - change to bulb out to the one posted above
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
the screen on the tank determines placement and distance

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom