un-named beardy and I say HEY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisher28

The love of my life, still needs a name though! suggestions are welcome!

hand_zps0cea6b30.jpg

babe_zps529f52d9.jpg

ahh_zps73be5449.jpg

sleepy_zps92841664.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Welcome to you and little miss (?) un-named. She sure is cute! I would call her 'princess'. You can add another name when you figure out what fits.

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
She/he looks like a Clementine to me.. maybe a jewel name... Diamond.. Sapphire.. your new lil' one is precious.. I remember those days..

fisher28

Original Poster
Thank you so much! As much as I want her to stay this size forever, I am really anxious about her growth! My brother got a male Augie the same time, from the same breeder as I did and his beardy has more then doubled in size and mine has hardly grown (if she has even grown). Mostly because she refuse to eat for almost a month and a half, I thought she wasnt going to make it but just reciently she has become a hunting machine! I just want her to grow a bit so mama can breathe a sigh of relief!

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
If she's eating like crazy, she'll grow and if she keeps up her appetite it'll happen fast.. late bloomers sometimes surpass them all... you never know.. does she eat any greens yet?? One thing that has worked for me w/ getting them to start eating greens is to to pit shredded squash in the greens.. it's sweet.. both of my beardies have always picked out the squash right away and will eat the greens later on in the day.. also, sometimes sprinkling some kiwi juice or a couple drops of strawberry juice on top may jumpstart the whole salad thing.. I did learn that even as a young beardie not eating their greens if you don't continue offering even a small amount in their viv everyday they may never take to it.. my first rodeo I learned the hard way... keep up what you've been doing to keep your baby healthy and you'll have a tank in the end..

fisher28

Original Poster
she eats everything, she is like a truck she loves greens she goes for that befor the live food! and I will add squash I heard they like that.. the only thing she hates are waxworms which isnt a bad thing because they arent too good for them anyway.. I'm hoping she begins to grow because the comparison between her and Augie is just crazy. She has a better personality though so it works out.. I'm in love <3

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
They're like kids in many ways.. kind of hard not to compare them even when you shouldn't.. when you feed live food do you dump them in or put a few at a time in maybe the corner of the viv? When mine were little I'd do the latter, just do a few in the corner at a time so they're more confident in the hunt with the whole quick instant gratification thing.. it may make her eat more than she is now if you give her a little help for now.. even now sometimes I play hockey with the crickets to get them from one end to the other..

fisher28

Original Poster
She really is like my child.. Im a crazy beardy mother I cant imagine when its a human.. lol but I usually put in a lot at a time because she isnt necessarily the greatest hunter and she will wait for them to come to her she isnt moving very much (she is a bit bratty thinks she is a princess which I hope she grows out of) and when there is more in the tank the more likely they will walk past her and the more she sees it seems the more excited she gets and the more enthusiastic she becomes about eating... I have tried feeding her in a seperate space but she HATES IT she will look up and stare at me until i take her out.. or she will try to run up the sides until i take her out.. she has been difficult especailly with feeding but it has gotten better.. slowly, but its progress!

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
You are doing the right thing in feeding in her own space, I think it's more comfortable for them, although others may think differently.. I'm a paranoid mom myself, with my pets and my 2 boys.. have a good night..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom