Uh-oh I got a new baby beardie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Ya know.. Night fury...? XD My attempt at dry humor. I hope she likes them. Where is she located? We are interested in breeding him when he gets older. :wink:

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
BeardieMommy3991":2wuecwvz said:
Ya know.. Night fury...? XD My attempt at dry humor. I hope she likes them. Where is she located? We are interested in breeding him when he gets older. :wink:

She is in Orlando, FL. :D What kind of breeding project are you thinking for him?

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
I just wanted to get his genes out there. And I had figured that the people who sold me him and bred him would have first dibs. Not sure how I would get him to FL though.

I know Lynn is in Charlotte, so we might have to breed him up here and she could send some babies down there or something like that.

I'd like to see him paired with a leatherback, because with his size and color, I think they would be pretty. And I would like the female to be a bright orange/yellow, to make sure his colors come through and she gets the best out of the babies. But it doesn't matter to me. Any Toothless baby is an epic baby to me. Who knows, with so much leusistic and hypo in his genes, his babies might be white!

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
BeardieMommy3991":3mqa32cl said:
I just wanted to get his genes out there. And I had figured that the people who sold me him and bred him would have first dibs. Not sure how I would get him to FL though.

I know Lynn is in Charlotte, so we might have to breed him up here and she could send some babies down there or something like that.

I'd like to see him paired with a leatherback, because with his size and color, I think they would be pretty. And I would like the female to be a bright orange/yellow, to make sure his colors come through and she gets the best out of the babies. But it doesn't matter to me. Any Toothless baby is an epic baby to me. Who knows, with so much leusistic and hypo in his genes, his babies might be white!

I wonder how many of them would turn out white...? That is a good question. He has a very vibrant orange and those bars are really nice.

Time for a few photos of the dragons. It's been a while since I've posted a picture of Spring, so I took one today and then some pics of a few other dragons, just for the fun of it. :)

Here is Spring and the Crickets. Yes, she will eat them all in a second...she is a monster! She's really getting to be a big girl. She is in her new 40 gallon breeder now
7834870084_3b7b150ff1.jpg

Here are the Rankins all posed together. They stayed like this for a while until Gobi had to run off and go to sleep.
7834871018_2a07b6daa1.jpg

This is Brutis in his bath right before he splashed me in the face. He's getting brighter and has been really energetic lately.
7834697142_2ea85ffd16.jpg

It's been a while since we have posted a picture of Chief. He is as cute as ever. I keep telling him he needs unfiltered UVB, LOL.
7834873304_b75965ecd2.jpg

Rocky (Papa Smurf's brother) outside for the first time in a harness on the deck. He was petrified but interested in his surroundings. Rocky is the rescue we took a few months ago who overwintered outdoors accidentally. His MBD is getting better slowly and he has less head jerks and twitches, and he can walk without flipping over. :)
7834875842_b5d3fd2407.jpg

Maya, Scarlet and Ginger looking out the window in the new house. They love to watch traffic pass by. Scarlet gets bored of the window pretty quickly and usually tries to sleep. lol
7834872066_94272c5f9d.jpg

And lastly, a sleepy time picture. Buzzy looks like he is having a sweet dream. :)
7834874454_309445eeda.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, your babies are doing well. How's Papa doing? And your little babies (even though Spring sure isn't a "little" baby anymore! I loved the crickets on her tail, hanging on for dear life, as I"m sure they were gone in a few seconds after you took that picture! Your Rankins are so small & cute, they sure are doing well! And your three girls are so orange, so bright! Aren't they enjoying that look out the screen, isn't it great to have windows! Thanks for the pics.

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
Myah and co. are so big and bright! Buzzy says," Crunchy..*twitch* Bugs are cruuuuunchyyyyyy... *snore*."

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":1cj5f8du said:
Awww, your babies are doing well. How's Papa doing? And your little babies (even though Spring sure isn't a "little" baby anymore! I loved the crickets on her tail, hanging on for dear life, as I"m sure they were gone in a few seconds after you took that picture! Your Rankins are so small & cute, they sure are doing well! And your three girls are so orange, so bright! Aren't they enjoying that look out the screen, isn't it great to have windows! Thanks for the pics.

Thanks for visiting my kids. :) They really are all doing well. :D Papa Smurf is a hoot, I am telling you. If I could only have one dragon, it would be him. He is silly and his personality is so strong. He communicates with so much body language, and some of it is very subtle. His reaction to his name is so obvious, unless he is sleepy. He jerks his head and looks at me like, "WHAT U WANT??". :lol: He's back to gobbling super worms like crazy, so no more carnivore care for him for a while, but he still gets critical care a few days a week because he doesn't eat his salad.

The Rankins are so small! I separated them into 2 groups of 2 so it would be easier to manage the poop and feeding them. Sometimes Sonora (the new female) just ate so much that I couldn't tell if she was eating all the feeders or what. :roll: She's getting huge. I keep wishing she had eggies in her but she doesn't. She's just a hog.

The windows make so much difference to everyone. They just love it and it gives their minds a stress break from their enclosures. I love to take them outside on the deck, too. We are so blessed lately.

Menolly07

Juvie Member
The new place is obviously agreeing with all of you! Love the one of the girls looking out the window. We've a cat ledge that Odahviing likes to climb onto and peer outside from. Sometimes I wonder what she's thinking while she's watching the birds. Your brood all looks happy and healthy and just brim full of awesome! <3<3

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
SpitFyre":2juyg9wi said:
Myah and co. are so big and bright! Buzzy says," Crunchy..*twitch* Bugs are cruuuuunchyyyyyy... *snore*."

LOL!!! Knowing my skink he is dreaming about mashed potatoes and fried chicken, the turd. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Menolly07":2zhpyxiy said:
The new place is obviously agreeing with all of you! Love the one of the girls looking out the window. We've a cat ledge that Odahviing likes to climb onto and peer outside from. Sometimes I wonder what she's thinking while she's watching the birds. Your brood all looks happy and healthy and just brim full of awesome! <3<3

Thanks! Everyone is settled in and I think they enjoy the new home. They have more room, we have our racks set up better, and it's not a bunch of tanks all over the house. :) The Rankins are super silly little dudes. :lol:

I need to check in on Odahviing's thread! Any new pics of her? I bet she is a monster by now...she was growing like a weed last time I checked.

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Lots of new pics that I've got to upload. She's still growing like crazy. She's 17.25" and hit over 500 grams. She's going through her most uncomfortable shed yet. It's like a layer of rubber or milk, poor thing.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Menolly07":2it10w0q said:
Lots of new pics that I've got to upload. She's still growing like crazy. She's 17.25" and hit over 500 grams. She's going through her most uncomfortable shed yet. It's like a layer of rubber or milk, poor thing.

I've got to go see if you have posted the pictures yet. I still can't believe she is over 500 grams....! :shock:

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hi everyone! We always have so much going on with all the little herps, I never know what to say any more. I could go on and on with the updates.

Spring is 5 months old and 226 grams. She is growing like a weed. She is adventurous and spunky and smart. Myron is 4 months old and 170 grams, and has been the only male in the reptile room, so he's gotten a little big for his britches. When we bring Chief into the room, it is a different story. Myron gets skeered. lol

I have an addition to our little clan, and he lives in the rescue room because he's a special needs little guy. He is a Rankins Dragon who seems to have a neurological problem. His arms and legs are useless, but he has some control over them. I'll post up a video some time, but here is a picture. He was called Flipper in his old home, because his arms are like flippers, but I call him Squirmy Bob, since he squirms around to move and bobs at everything. He came from a friend who is a breeder who wanted him to go to a good home. Believe it or not, even though he is terribly disabled, he loves to exercise and run around. I regret that he is in a 10 gallon, and when I find a 20 long on CL I am going to get it for him. He likes to sit in his little food dish:
7890668538_368ecb1a10.jpg

Papa Smurf slept outside of his home last night because a big house fly got in his home and it was driving him nuts :lol: He can be such a prima donna. :lol:
7890733808_417ae3926d.jpg

Remember Val, the rehome I took in last month? She laid that clutch of infertile eggs and now she is starting to shed. I've been giving her some 'window time' to take some of the stress away. Here she was last night:
7890763320_569eb3732c.jpg

Last picture - Maya's sexy leg. They love to sleep on the beanbags. :)
7890855222_123cc6804b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom