Uh-oh I got a new baby beardie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":3v0yk1ck said:
That pic of the silkworm & Mecca is just so cute! He is so tiny! Have you any measurements of the babies yet? Would love to see them!
Take care
Deb

Mecca is 7 grams and Lemon Drop is 12 grams. :shock: So little!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, really litte but still good weights for them both. You'll have to measure how long they are. I'm going to do that tomorrow for Gabriel, to see if he's growing in length any.

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
New pictures....

Mecca
283615_258305970950368_862714474_n.jpg

Myron
482984_258306444283654_1894979317_n.jpg

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":aze9otg4 said:
Wow, really litte but still good weights for them both. You'll have to measure how long they are. I'm going to do that tomorrow for Gabriel, to see if he's growing in length any.

Mecca is 6" long now and Myron is a whopping 12" !!! OMG he is growing like a weed. When we got Mecca on 6/23 she was just under 5" long. She just seems so very teeny, but they do grow fast, right???

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Absolutely, they grow so fast you wonder where the time went. Mecca is tiny now, but an inch in a couple of weeks is alot for a little baby. You'll see, when it's been awhile since you've had a baby, you don't realize how very fast they do grow up. Almost full growth within a year is alot of growth! Mecca sure has some pretty colours but Myron is awesome! He's going to be so colourful you'll have to wear sunglasses to look at him 8) :mrgreen:

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
In that picture of Mecca and The Worm, I could hear her saying,"Yup. Now she's REALLY lost it. Definetely a couple cashews short of a nutcase." :D

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
The babies grow up so fast... :( ... Spring is becoming a little lady now at 4 months old. She is a monster at suppertime and eats her salad and pretty much everything else she can sink her teeth into. I have fished toilet paper and a piece of cello out of her mouth already in the last 2 days.

Here is our 'little' Springlet. :lol:
7680807298_366080ef31.jpg

We have had 100*F temps outside and the weather has been very sunny. Now that we have actual windows in our house we can let the dragons look outside. They have been daydreaming with far off looks in their eyes, and loving it. :D

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!!

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Here are four bathing beauties... :D ... Lemon Drop, Tank, Mecca and Bebe. They are so easy to keep when they are teeny-tiny and can bathe together. Already Spring is too big to be with the babies and she wants to nip at them.

7680864476_15e66561d6.jpg

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Myron, being sweet. He is afraid of everything and would rather snuggle under a blankie with his slave. :D
7680859886_8041345864.jpg

His arms and legs are in shed, too bad because they are really getting bright.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
You have quite the full house! My new dragon is from Prada x Etro, born on March 25. So we might just have beardie siblings! :) Toothless retained a bunch of color for some reason, so you certainly might not know it by looking at him.

I got him from Carolina Designer Dragons though- Lynn must of gotten/bought some FairyTail babies. :wink:

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
BeardieMommy3991":1zfqgvfx said:
You have quite the full house! My new dragon is from Prada x Etro, born on March 25. So we might just have beardie siblings! :) Toothless retained a bunch of color for some reason, so you certainly might not know it by looking at him.

I got him from Carolina Designer Dragons though- Lynn must of gotten/bought some FairyTail babies. :wink:

That's really interesting about CDD - that really has to be the case. Heather raises wonderful dragons - now you make me want to see Toothless. :D Does he eat like a pig also? Spring is a hog. LOL I hear they do lighten with their successive sheds, so he may lose some of the color still.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Just loved the pics of Spring looking outside, just be great to have windows! And your 4 babies together in the bath, how sweet is that. Glad you're getting sorted in the new place! I know it's always hard to settle in, but still must be nice to have all that extra room!

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
ShannyBeard":jsyuyowd said:
BeardieMommy3991":jsyuyowd said:

That's really interesting about CDD - that really has to be the case. Heather raises wonderful dragons - now you make me want to see Toothless. :D Does he eat like a pig also? Spring is a hog. LOL I hear they do lighten with their successive sheds, so he may lose some of the color still.

I really doubt he is getting any whiter (Lynn said one other from the Prada x Etro clutch she had was also showing a bunch of color. *shrugs* We didn't buy him knowing who his parents were anyway, so we were pretty surprised! (Morpheous- one of Lynns Dragons, is Prada's father, so I'm guessing she's got connections with them :dontknow: He's got similar markings, and he is a hypo (his shoulder pads are blue, not black, and I remember him having clear nails [I'm on vaycay] so I' pretty sure)

He eats like a herd of wild hogs! 80 medium-large crickets a day! and already 16 inches!

But here is a picture of him anyway (Not trying to take away from your thread)
when we first got him
Toothlessbeardieheader.jpg

and now
IMG_1998.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk
Hi everyone, I have a question please. I have a thick branch I got from outside. It has been in freezing temperatures so I know that it is insect free. I took it off the ground and sat it up during a night we got down to 15 so the entire thing would freeze. Well tonight I put white vinegar all over it too cleanse it since it won't fit in my oven. Do I need to rinse with water tomorrow or is it fine left alone dried?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yerryr
Top Bottom