Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone recommend some household items that might be safe toys for a beardie? Or is there something I could buy at the pet store that could be used as a toy for him? Or what kind of toys do you have for your beardies?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that question has come up on here before. :) Beardies actually don't care for toys in the sense of an object to push or chase etc [ other than bugs :) ] Anything that they can fit in their mouth and especially plastic toys that look like lizards or bugs are actually dangerous and may be swallowed quickly. See this link:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi2_7DfyePSAhXoQpoKHc0dC5EQFgg4MAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fscienceblogs.com%2Ftetrapodzoology%2F2009%2F12%2F09%2Fmushu-eats-large-toy%2F&usg=AFQjCNH6dZoCWaGxpG89HB_L9Kss35QR1w&sig2=sIN3_z_6-5GK49WCaqZnNA

What many beardies DO enjoy is time to roam outside of their tank and especially sitting on a windowsill. If you DO let him sit on a windowsill, put some pillows underneath in case he decides to jump off. Some owners build little ramps to the window, others have a basking platform on the floor where the sun shines in. Just be careful that any room is totally dragon safe....no nooks or crannies to wedge in and get stuck [ or refuse to come out ] , nothing like rubberbands, coins , doll shoes or any small object that they could swallow.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Bubble wrap , wrapping paper, my Rex loves the cracking sound when she walks on it and will need it like a cat.

She and Toothless also like the sound of the metal floor cross tube on a camp stool, will climb over it and go back for more several times in succession.

Puff loved to nudge his dome light fitting (had a 13W UVB200 in it and was hung pendulum style) , he'd repedatively nudge it with his nose or reach up and pat it with a hand and make it swing and would do this for ages in his tank.

My observations are my skinks (especially water skinks) and my beardies have a definite sense of fun and are capable of inventing games all by themselves.

MrsNoggin

A tambourine! No joke. Smaugio LOVES jumping on and off the kids' tambourine and making it jingle. Usually it's on the carpet, so the sound is more of a thud and muffled tinkle, than a full on instrumental sound.

Also thick cardboard tube for rolling and clambouring over. That's always a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom