Top 5 Veggy's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evergreen

Juvie Member
bridings3":1uva82oc said:
Carrots, spinach, cilantro, basil, and blueberries. No iceberg lettuce very bad, regular lettuce though is okay. :)
None of those should actually be fed as a regular staple in my opinion. Spinach is considered questionable on whether you should feed at all and lettuces of any kind have very little nutritional value.

claudiusx posted an excellent site that's very easy to read and understand. Alfalfa (plant, not sprouts), Collard Greens, Dandelion Greens, Endive, Escarole, Mustard Greens and Turnip Greens are those listed on the site as great staples. I myself go with Collard Greens, butternut squash and Mustard Greens for my salad simply because I cannot find the others consistently in our supermarket.

Baby

Original Poster
Evergreen":3iffxknn said:
claudiusx posted an excellent site that's very easy to read and understand. Alfalfa (plant, not sprouts), Collard Greens, Dandelion Greens, Endive, Escarole, Mustard Greens and Turnip Greens are those listed on the site as great staples.

I picked Endive, Mustard Greens and Collard Greens because Ive seen these three in stores.
BUT yesterday, I had my grandmother grab me some. (of the three listed)
and they told her (from what I understand) Mustard and Collards arnt year round, they are only around for a short time. Thus these options are pretty much useless to me. x.x

Endive they told her are year round, but I got 'Curly' endive, so I hope thats okay, they seemed to like it.
but they didnt have any Endive out we had to ask and have them get it from the back. x.x

szubelak

Juvie Member
I have had better luck getting different greens at the local fruit market as opposed to the regular supermarket - It might help to shop around a bit :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For squash I just cut it into 'planks' that will fit in my beardies mouths.

-Brandon

szubelak

Juvie Member
I also plank my acorn squash - I invested in a "Mandoline" - it's a kitchen tool that does very even slices - they can get pricey - up into the $50 range - I found one made by Oxo for only 15 and it was well worth it!

SargeUSMC

Hatchling Member
ok, do you feed it raw or cooked? Do you prepare it raw and then cook it or cook it then refrigerate it? How long does it keep?

szubelak

Juvie Member
I've done acorn squash both raw and cooked - I just microwave a bit to soften it up and then refrigerate

I recently tried yellow squash and they like that even better than the acorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom