Toothbrush Baths???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruby2uesday

Juvie Member
I've seen a few people on here state that when they give their beardie a bath, they "scrub" them w/ a tooth brush??? just wondering?
ruby/hue

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Health]

They use a toothbrush because it's easier to clean their beardies and not end up with multiple pricks on their fingers. A toothbrush could get in between the spikes and scales where a human's hand couldn't.
But make sure it's a "soft" toothbrush.

Ruby2uesday

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Goonie":a5f79 said:
[Moved from General to Health]

They use a toothbrush because it's easier to clean their beardies and not end up with multiple pricks on their fingers. A toothbrush could get in between the spikes and scales where a human's hand couldn't.
But make sure it's a "soft" toothbrush.

Oh, i didn't realize. i've never really been "poked" by hue's spikes, but then again, i guess i just thought bathing was more for them to rehydrate (and clean they're "tails"" lol :) ). i just remember seeing someone post that it helped to get old shed off and hue's tail it looks like is trying to shed, but nothings coming off.

Thanks for the heads up on the brushes!

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, gentile scrubbing in a circular motion (with either a baby toothbrush or one that has been used and worn) can help loosen a shed. You should soak Hue for at least five minutes before using a toothbrush; by that time the skin will have softened and will be easier to ease off.

You may have to wait a while; maybe he isn't quite ready to shed just yet.

Ruby2uesday

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Herp, i will give his tail a bit, it's just very light gray colored compared to the rest of his body. actually it starts about 1in from his bum. then automatically goes to "grayish". saw that sad story of the tail that wouldn't shed and got hard and had to have part of it amputated so i am kind of anxiously waiting for it to finish.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
My beardie's tail also seems to be the last part of him to shed.

Give it a few days. If you're really worried, you can soak him every day or several times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom