Tiger Retic and Honduran Milksnake

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcourtney3

Hatchling Member
I just got a tiger reticulated python and a tangerine honduran milksnake. I was wondering if anyone had any tips that could be helpful. (ie: substrates, heating, etc.)

Eventide

Hatchling Member
You can pretty easily Google both of those to get care sheets for them. I hope you realize how big the Retic will get....

For any future purchases, though, I'd recommend finding out about their requirements before purchasing.

xcourtney3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have four tiger retics, all 10+ feet. I was asking because this one is quite small. I know the requirements, I was asking to see if anyone else has them and knows anything they discovered from their own experience. People with similar pets tend to share advice, and that is what I was looking for. The milksnake is my first. I know there are many care sheets available online but as most of us know, they can be very unreliable. That's why I was looking for advice from fellow milksnake owners.

Eventide

Hatchling Member
My apologies. You may want to be more specific when you ask questions like this. For one, people can help you better by knowing what, exactly, you're asking about and why. Secondly, your initial post reads an awful lot like someone who just bought two snakes because they looked cool and didn't bother to read up on them beforehand, so being more specific will keep people from making such assumptions.

I have never had either, so I'm sorry I can't help you. :-/

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Congrats!! I'm dying to get a retic. Sorry, I can't help much with care suggestions, but I would love to see some pics if you have any!

xcourtney3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, she has some of the most beautiful coloring I have seen. Wonderful temperament too! As long as she can soak in her bowl, lol. She's a sweetheart.

Trogdor80

Hatchling Member
I briefly owned a 25ish foot(about 2/3 of a 40 foot shipping container) big retic that I was rescuing from someone who was ready to abandon it till I could find it a permenant home. Shes still alive and 27+ feet long last I checked with the breeder that took her for a permenant home.

I usually feed her f/t turkeys beause they where cheap and big(and low fat) although I did feed her a fresh road kill doe deer once.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Wow!! Sounds like some snake! I want a retic really badly, but I'm not sure if I'm quite ready for such a monster. My day will come, though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom