Third eyelid

taliasharon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zero
IMG_6887.jpeg
IMG_6891.jpeg

I am falling apart I think he got dust in is eye and didn’t stop blinking his eyelid I couldn’t do anything to help him the first pic is after an hour

taliasharon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zero
Is it stuck like that or just when he blinks.?
They blink like that sometimes but they're eyes should go back rapidly.
It’s not stuck like that I just can’t bear to see him do that it feels to me like something is wrong. He stopped after a while. He was blinking his eyelid, it was not stuck but he blinked repeatedly for some time

taliasharon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zero
Get some regular saline solution from Walmart no contact lens stuff and rinse the eye out -- where is the dust coming from?
I had let him roam a bit but my bf house is dusty and I think something got in his eye :( he seems ok today but his eye is different like his eye is a bit more extended at the bottom
Oh my sweet Zero I do hope you’re alright

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is the eye looking today, any improvements?
The sterile saline solution should help out. If it looks like there could be infection starting
for some reason you could try some manuka honey or raw unpasteurized honey thinned
out with warm water to make eye drops. It is very effective for clearing out bacteria.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

taliasharon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zero
he seems alright today. i have still noticed his inner eyelid closing at times i am wondering if it is normal. the eyelid is flush white, sometimes i've seen it with blood vessels.
D03F27A53834_1694877251.JPG
on another note, anyone know if the wyze cam lights are ok around the beardies? it's so important that i am able to observe him during the day and even at night.

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
he seems alright today. i have still noticed his inner eyelid closing at times i am wondering if it is normal. the eyelid is flush white, sometimes i've seen it with blood vessels. View attachment 83985 on another note, anyone know if the wyze cam lights are ok around the beardies? it's so important that i am able to observe him during the day and even at night.
I would get rid of the sand --

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
yeah, it's a step by step process with the BF. he is not always accommodating. Zero's enclosure is at his house. i am attempting to make changes as I can do. you mentioned tile and something soft, right? there are carpets/liners in petco.
Zen habitats makes a mat to fit 4x2x2 tanks- it's soft - then you can put 2 pieces of textured ceramic tile in something that is not too coarse or too smooth- this will keep the nails down-

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom