The Life and Times of Helen Hawking, dbnr

Status
Not open for further replies.
I first noticed Helen Hawking in a classifieds ad, looking for a fellow companion in a lonely world. Her piece sang to me and one picture in particular caught my eye.

IMG_7167_zps2d10d182.jpg

I felt that I had found a kindred spirit, someone with the same zest and zeal for life that I possessed. We spoke at first through an intermediary before finally deciding to meet. She came to me in a rather unorthodox fashion- boxed up and restrained.

DSCF2255_zpsc4f086f9.jpg

But we quickly found common ground and chatted a bit over a light meal.

DSCF2257_zpsd489a8e2.jpg

Something I said must have disturbed her however, because she cut our talk short and scuttled over to a corner, seeking solitude in an unfamiliar environment and leaving me to clean up what was left of her lunch.

DSCF2260_zpse37eaf2c.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, way to go HH for getting that dubia down. She just doesn't give up, great going! And she is so FAST, wow! And the interaction between them must be so funny to watch :lol: Spring Fever has struck! I'm still waiting at my end, but hopefully soon, they all seem to be a bit more active lately, so looks like the winter blues are finally departing. YEAH :lol:

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":j75bradu said:
Awww, way to go HH for getting that dubia down. She just doesn't give up, great going! And she is so FAST, wow! And the interaction between them must be so funny to watch :lol: Spring Fever has struck! I'm still waiting at my end, but hopefully soon, they all seem to be a bit more active lately, so looks like the winter blues are finally departing. YEAH :lol:

It seems like Darwin has 2 modes: off and REALLY REALLY REALLY ON

HH hasn't lost her speed and I honestly think she's reached her maximum size. She'll be one year old May 30!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Loved the video of that sweet little girl. She looks great and looks to be very happy. Dang shes quick when shes after the dubia. Give her a throat rub for me.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Tonja":16nxrr7z said:
Loved the video of that sweet little girl. She looks great and looks to be very happy. Dang shes quick when shes after the dubia. Give her a throat rub for me.

She's very fast. And I always do :wink:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
randommonks":25opeisp said:
Dubia quake when the rumble of her nimble feet come chasing after them. :lol:
I'll bet! :D

randommonks":25opeisp said:
It seems like Darwin has 2 modes: off and REALLY REALLY REALLY ON

HH hasn't lost her speed and I honestly think she's reached her maximum size. She'll be one year old May 30!
I'd love to see Darwin and Helen Hawking interact one of these days. I'm sure it's really cute.
Wow, almost a year old already? Amazing! :headbang:

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
An interesting little vidoe of HH I thought I'd share:

Illustrates her voracious appetite for anything, even cat toys :lol:

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys! I wish I could have captured her initial reaction to the laser pointer. She was literally chasing it up and down her tank. But she knows that when the blue camera comes out, I'll be posting her silliness online so she tamps it down a bit :roll:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That was a wonderful video, she sure is fast and that tongue is right on, if those had been dubia she'd be full! I used to drive our cat crazy with that laser pointer, so funny to watch. Glad she got some exercise, it's amazing that she'll be a year old May 30!

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I decided to take a picture of Darwin (2 years) and HH (11 months) together to capture their size differences. This was the result:

They are literally side by side with only a thin layer of glass between them. I also took this picture because, shortly after, HH got spooked and ran away.

For some reason I found that picture hilarious.

I was startled actually by how much smaller HH is than Darwin. He's not a gigantic boy but a healthy 19-20".

A few days ago, I pulled her out of the bath and noticed that she had a lot of mucous around her mouth. I immediately dried her off and put her back into her tank. She seemed a bit limp and leaned against the glass. By the time I became concerned enough to post in the Health section, she had recovered and was back to running around her tank, chomping on dubia. I'm guessing that she just aspirated some water and needed some time to clear it. She hasn't displayed any further reactions since then so I'm crossing my fingers it was just a one time thing.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It is startling, the difference, but I'm amazed that she grew at all with all her physical problems. And I'm so glad that she recovered so quickly, good for you HH! What a great spirit she has. Loved the pictures, she sure doesn't like that big dragon!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
How did Darwin react to seeing HH? Not a care in the world or did he want to eat her?
Awww, poor baby girl! She looked like she was trying so hard to hide from that super duper scary dragon.

Thank goodness HH recovered quickly. It could be very possible that she drank a tad too much water while in the bath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom