Tales of Fred the adventurer! - Updates 4/25/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I just wanted to make a 'blog' about my bearded dragon Fred.

He came to us on January 16th 2013, around 2PM. When I saw him, even though there were other babies in his tank, :love10: I knew he was the one I was going to take home that day... Of course the pet store guys gave us bad advice, so I'm so glad to have found this place, or else I would of gone on, still doing things wrong. (Thank you to those that helped me!) On the drive home, I was so nervous his little tiny container would slip from my hands and down to the ground, I also thought his container was a bit too small, (his tail was curled a lot) but, after a safe ride home, I held him until his tank was set up, then finally I put him in there, we put crickets in, but he just stared at us, after a little while he ate some. (Again, I was worried.)

Anyway, time for some pictures!

This is Fred on his first day home- So tiny!:
2wm18w5.png

I was very nervous and thought he stopped breathing when he was in this postion :shock: :
35cef4m.jpg

Fred, on his favorite basking spot, his cactus!(I'm actually wondering what I'm going to do once he outgrows it, he's on there like 24/7!):
2875ae.jpg

Fred, at the highest spot in his tank:
33061l3.jpg

Oh and his tank has changed since these pictures were taken! :wink: Oh and the pictures are small because they were taken with a iPad.

I love my Fred so much! :love5:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":3a6nxrwx said:
Yay!

How are you?
I am good, had been snowed in, with ice on top, so I’m finally enjoying my 76 degree weather. :D
However, I can’t swim. :( well, I mean, I can swim great! It’s just... The water’s cold and we have an algae among us.

Fred is doing well, outgrown her cactus, so we’re on a new mission- FIND A NEW BASKiNG SPOT- not going well, though. And she needs a cage clean, I’ll clean the cage, and give her a bath, when I put her tile in.

Reptiles4Life

Sub-Adult Member
cool i am glad i saw that your doing good and it is not snowy where i live yay but it get's cold and then my beardie cant go outside i kinda enjoy the cold but then beardies can't go outside.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Where are you that you have snow and 76* weather!? It's been snowing non-stop crazy over hear. I'm ready for spring.

Poor Fred, getting too big in your old age? How old is she now anyways?

You could try a hammock basking spot though the cloth ones are way better than the cheepy ones they sell in pet stores. If you're willing to spend the extra cash they're fantastic.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":36i3frky said:
So uh...what happened to those pictures you promised? :lol:
....I was hoping no one would notice...
Ummm.... They got lost in a black hole. :) 8) :roll: :lol:

And I live somewhere near Florida, but not in it.

Reptiles4Life

Sub-Adult Member
:) OH my gosh i went to pet co yesterday and they lisend to me about how the should care for thee animals and i am so glad i spoke up about that i feel so bad right now i promised my beardies a tread yesterday but the store to get it at closed before we could get thee and now i am getting it today but i cannot believe i broke my promise to my beardies and cresties.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
rluper":3vcivpth said:
:) OH my gosh i went to pet co yesterday and they lisend to me about how the should care for thee animals and i am so glad i spoke up about that i feel so bad right now i promised my beardies a tread yesterday but the store to get it at closed before we could get thee and now i am getting it today but i cannot believe i broke my promise to my beardies and cresties.
:D Yay! Finally, some petstore listens. I’m afraid to speak up, because I don’t want them to get mad at me...
People always get mad at me when I speak my mind. :|

anyway, I will try to get photos up as soon as I can. Life has been busy. Sorry.

Reptiles4Life

Sub-Adult Member
yes i was so afraid that they will get mad but i did not care and i just took a deep breath and told them and they cared!!!!! and it's ok that your so busy as long as you don't leave beardeddragon.org for ever we all are ok :) and i knew they will get mad but they super surprisingly did not and i am so happy i did.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
I'm so proud of you for speaking up! It's uncomfortable sometimes to say something but just try to remember, these creatures can't speak for themselves. Maybe when you both get older you can get jobs at these stores and help them do things right. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom