Tales of Fred the adventurer! - Updates 4/25/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I just wanted to make a 'blog' about my bearded dragon Fred.

He came to us on January 16th 2013, around 2PM. When I saw him, even though there were other babies in his tank, :love10: I knew he was the one I was going to take home that day... Of course the pet store guys gave us bad advice, so I'm so glad to have found this place, or else I would of gone on, still doing things wrong. (Thank you to those that helped me!) On the drive home, I was so nervous his little tiny container would slip from my hands and down to the ground, I also thought his container was a bit too small, (his tail was curled a lot) but, after a safe ride home, I held him until his tank was set up, then finally I put him in there, we put crickets in, but he just stared at us, after a little while he ate some. (Again, I was worried.)

Anyway, time for some pictures!

This is Fred on his first day home- So tiny!:
2wm18w5.png

I was very nervous and thought he stopped breathing when he was in this postion :shock: :
35cef4m.jpg

Fred, on his favorite basking spot, his cactus!(I'm actually wondering what I'm going to do once he outgrows it, he's on there like 24/7!):
2875ae.jpg

Fred, at the highest spot in his tank:
33061l3.jpg

Oh and his tank has changed since these pictures were taken! :wink: Oh and the pictures are small because they were taken with a iPad.

I love my Fred so much! :love5:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I don’t think I need advice, I just think I need to vent.

Today was a little better, my little sister had a fit and kept telling me to shoo from my comfy place on the couch, which kinda annoyed me, but she’s calm now. The cable and the internet went out last night... only for a little bit, but I had trouble finding something to do, so I got bored.

I think I’m about to have a nose bleed, (I can taste it. (YES I know that’s gross, but really, I can taste it, and when I sniff it goes down my throat. So that’s how I know)) so I’m gonna take a break, I’ll post more later, hopefully with some pics of Fred and an added picture of my chihuahua just because.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AGh I forgot to post pics again.

I’ve been doing better, but now my whole body aches cause I swam with my cousin like 5 times today. (Yes. I swam. Yes. It was freezing.) Anywho, sorry about that failed promise of pics, and Fred is doing well, being mad about her cactus- The usual. Anyway, I got her a new basking spot! It’s this bridge that has stairs on the sides, thing. Anyway, that will be included in the pics that will be posted hopefully soon!

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I havea a new icon, it’s Fred clinging to her branch (old pic but it was too cute)

Well today, I sang with my choir, then I went to Sunday school at my church, my friend knows that I have a good memory, so she pointed me out when the teacher asked what we did last week at sunday school, keep in mind that I talk very quietly, and it kinda made me nervous because everyone was looking at me waiting for me to say something, so I started to speak quietly, all I was able to say was “um” then I was yelled at by another student who said “Speak up!” in a rude tone, then my friend pointed out that it was rude, and I didn’t really talk that much afterward, I wasn’t embarrassed like everybody asked if I was, it just kinda hurt my feelings, and then later I spilled a cup of coke all over the car, so now it’s all sticky, I had fun for a little bit when we went to the mall, but then we came home and now I’m bored.

I’m gonna go do some of my schoolwork. :study:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I’m posting pics tonight. Promise. I double triple quadruple quintuple promise! :D Just gotta charge my phone so I can take pics of my lovely lady. :blob5:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
FINALLY, PICTURES!

FREDERICKA
GUESS WHAT?! She did a full black beard at me and tried to bite me when I startled her! I mean, I didn’t mean to startle her, I just went to pick her up while saying her name, and boom. It just looked so cool! Of course, these pictures were taken AFTER I opened her cage, tried to pick her up, got black bearded, then when I ran downstairs to get my phone to take a picture and came back upstairs, she was calmed down a bit more and her beard was lighter, anyway, sorry for blabbering. I just thought it was so cool!!! :blob5:
PICS!!!:
RhOJuhC.jpg

^Black beard! (By the way, the yellow on her face is from her salad. Im gonna give her a bath and wash it off, she’s such a messy eater... Any tips on washing up near her eye and nose area without irritating her eyes and nose?)

YesWf7c.jpg

^Blurry pic.

bqK3fVe.jpg

jR2IwSK.jpg

^ new basking spot!

PACO, MY CHIHUAHUA
qG66nxl.jpg

His “im sad” face. He’s almost 7 I believe.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What a face! You can gently rub the beard and nose while she's in a bath and it shouldn't cause any harm. That should get most of the food out. Just be careful close to her eyes.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
We have learned to always have a camera ready. If you have to go get it, it's usually to late. We don't manage to do that all the time, either.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I have no idea why Oreo died, the night before, he was alert and running around playing, he even climbed the door to see me, and cuddled with Ziggy, like he always did. It took me by surprise, he looked so happy and healthy...If he was ill, he hid it very well. But, me and my mom think it was just old age.

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
i'm so sorry! i had two rats growing up( since they hate being alone) and they're such sweethearts. had a naked one and one that looked just like oreo. rats are very prone to health problems though (cancer especially) and a lot of them don't live as long as they should. they hide their sicknesses really well too, so don't get too down on yourself for missing any signs. i'm sure he was very happy with you in the time that he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom