Tales of Fred the adventurer! - Updates 4/25/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I just wanted to make a 'blog' about my bearded dragon Fred.

He came to us on January 16th 2013, around 2PM. When I saw him, even though there were other babies in his tank, :love10: I knew he was the one I was going to take home that day... Of course the pet store guys gave us bad advice, so I'm so glad to have found this place, or else I would of gone on, still doing things wrong. (Thank you to those that helped me!) On the drive home, I was so nervous his little tiny container would slip from my hands and down to the ground, I also thought his container was a bit too small, (his tail was curled a lot) but, after a safe ride home, I held him until his tank was set up, then finally I put him in there, we put crickets in, but he just stared at us, after a little while he ate some. (Again, I was worried.)

Anyway, time for some pictures!

This is Fred on his first day home- So tiny!:
2wm18w5.png

I was very nervous and thought he stopped breathing when he was in this postion :shock: :
35cef4m.jpg

Fred, on his favorite basking spot, his cactus!(I'm actually wondering what I'm going to do once he outgrows it, he's on there like 24/7!):
2875ae.jpg

Fred, at the highest spot in his tank:
33061l3.jpg

Oh and his tank has changed since these pictures were taken! :wink: Oh and the pictures are small because they were taken with a iPad.

I love my Fred so much! :love5:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I felt the same about the holidays I didn't like
everyone coming over, I love family but I have
this tendency of wanting to be alone. I hope
you feel better, you have asperger's too man..
mine is on a severe level but I can work with it.
Not too bad.

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
hoopyscoop":37nmzk1s said:
zandi202":37nmzk1s said:
How are you and Fred doing? I hope all is going well. I can't wait to see some pictures of the baby girl.
Were good the reason I have not posted is because we've been hosting all the holidays and its really hard to keep up with everything... I love seeing family and all...but, I just want the holidays to be over... I have my birthday on the 15th and then the family on my dads side is coming over on the 18th. It's just so stressful. I can't take it anymore. If we host one more holiday, I will burst. :|

i'm sorry you have to deal with that. i had to EVERY year until i moved out. my parents used to make me go to relatives houses too even when i didn't want to when i barely knew them! i'm an introvert so i prefer to be alone. besides, people set off my anxiety :p i hope your other babies are doing well, and i hope you get some peace and quiet soon.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
What I'm about to say is completely random and is not fitting in this subject so please dont mind it...

I. HATE. DIVISION.
Grrrrrr. It drives me crazy! I simply cannot divide without banging my head on the table. I love to do addition and all the other subjects...JUST NOT DIVISION! UGH!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ugh, we've been having crazy rain... It's like someone poured a bucket all over everything, and my dad dug some holes near the workshop in our backyard that were attempting to make into a appartment for my grandma, all of her stuff was in there and it flash flooded because of the holes and we haven't told her yet, it wasn't that bad but still she makes little things bigger, she's gonna be so mad at us. :( and its raining really hard right now and I don't know what to do!

Sorry for the lack of punctuation but I can't help it, I need to type down everything I'm thinking before I go crazy.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Life sure has a way of making things more difficult. I hope your Grandma understands and doesn't get too upset at you all. After all, it's the weather, not you that destroyed her stuff.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks, beardie parents, we told her, and also told her that not many things got wet, but she said she was going to go down there anyway, and came back up crying saying everything was wet, she also brought up a bunch of clothes that had perfume on them, and put them in the garage, I went into the garage and almost fainted it was so bad... :shock: I didn't tell her that though.

Anyway...I just figured something quite interesting about myself...
:study: Story time! :study:
My whole life, whenever I am alone and I hear a noise, (dishes banging, sudden creak in the wood of the house, dogs barking) even if I know what made the noise, I get startled and run to the nearest trustable person. I finally figured out why! Well, my grandma was going to walk her dogs, I was trying to draw, then of course the other dogs start barking until my grandma is down stairs. Then there's a silence, and then the dogs in the other room started barking, it almost felt as if there was someone in there, even though I knew there wasn't, the reason was, I was being really quiet, (yes, I know dogs have super ears.) I also felt that feeling that I feel when people look over my shoulder, it freaked me out so I ran downstairs as fast as I could...
Glad I figured this out, BUT, I wish I wasn't afraid of being alone.
I have lots of fears other than just being alone, however...
Blood, needles, death, pain, doctors, hospitals, spiders, guns, knives and some dogs actually. (Of course not the dogs I own, but once, a dog came running at me growling, it was so scary, my neighbors put their dog on a very long leash... They live right next to the road! Dangerous. And my aunt has this yorkie, that hates me with a passion! He's bitten me several times, and barks alot so I end up screaming and running into another room and locking the door... I have really good hearing, apparently... So, the dog barking, my cousins toys clanging and people talking WITH the TV in the background makes me go crazy.)
I feel silly now.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Don't worry. I used to be and still am the same way. I hate hate HATE being in the house alone. Every little sound makes me thing someone is breaking in, someone is going to kill me. I am a very paranoid person. I don't even like walking inside the safety of my school by myself, never mind taking a walk when it os dark out. It's why I can't watch horror movies anymore.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm really sorry for not posting anymore. I got sick because I got gluten after the Christmas party, and I rode a horse for the first time on the same day as the Christmas party, so it was really stressful. Fred is doing great though, I now believe she is 1 year old! :D :blob8: Happy late or early birthday Fred! (Got her from petsmart. So, no one knows her real birthday. :( )

And about the horse, I've been wanting to do that my whole life. No, seriously, MY WHOLE LIFE! It was an amazing experience, and I hope I get to ride that certain horse again.

I have also been incredibly emotional lately about Oliver, and the empty tank that sits on the table in my room. I don’t know why. I know that spot where he was in my heart will never heal, but I just can’t let go of the past. I don’t know why. I will never forget picking him up that day, thinking he would squirm and then hug my finger and fall asleep in my hand like he always did, that feeling in my heart, where it just stopped, I froze, I didn’t know what to do, so I just set him down and backed away. :(

Reptiles4Life

Sub-Adult Member
i am sorry you got sick i went riding horses twice and it's so cool and i understand about being emotional about when you beardie died i still do the same thing.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
rluper":3d5g6af2 said:
i am sorry you got sick i went riding horses twice and it's so cool and i understand about being emotional about when you beardie died i still do the same thing.
Don’t worry about me being sick, rluper. It’s over now and that’s what matters. :)
Isn’t it? I feel like I really connect with the horse even if I haven’t known him for very long. I love feeling him breath while we’re sitting still. And I like the vibration that he makes when he walks. It’s like a massage. :lol:

Reptiles4Life

Sub-Adult Member
Yes that's what matters. i know it' feels cool to me to and yes i think it fast and easy to connect to a horse even if you barely know it! :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Glad to know you're feeling better. I know how you feel about Oliver's empty viv. After we had to put down our dog, it got hard to see his blankets and his dog bed which our cat has taken over.

I've been riding horses for over ten years and there is nothing like it. There's something so peaceful about it. And the more advanced you get, not only is a great work out and peaceful, but a distraction. You can only focus on the moment because distraction can be risky. It helps me focus.

We need some pictures of your little Fred. It's been quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom