Tales of Fred the adventurer! - Updates 4/25/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I just wanted to make a 'blog' about my bearded dragon Fred.

He came to us on January 16th 2013, around 2PM. When I saw him, even though there were other babies in his tank, :love10: I knew he was the one I was going to take home that day... Of course the pet store guys gave us bad advice, so I'm so glad to have found this place, or else I would of gone on, still doing things wrong. (Thank you to those that helped me!) On the drive home, I was so nervous his little tiny container would slip from my hands and down to the ground, I also thought his container was a bit too small, (his tail was curled a lot) but, after a safe ride home, I held him until his tank was set up, then finally I put him in there, we put crickets in, but he just stared at us, after a little while he ate some. (Again, I was worried.)

Anyway, time for some pictures!

This is Fred on his first day home- So tiny!:
2wm18w5.png

I was very nervous and thought he stopped breathing when he was in this postion :shock: :
35cef4m.jpg

Fred, on his favorite basking spot, his cactus!(I'm actually wondering what I'm going to do once he outgrows it, he's on there like 24/7!):
2875ae.jpg

Fred, at the highest spot in his tank:
33061l3.jpg

Oh and his tank has changed since these pictures were taken! :wink: Oh and the pictures are small because they were taken with a iPad.

I love my Fred so much! :love5:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
When in doubt, do what I do. I go to the website and report there so then that way I don't have to feel awkward about it in store. The other thing I like about it - is it goes to the district manager and not the store manager. My district manager for Petco runs a tight ship and makes them change immediately. Though that doesn't mean they won't turn back on their own which they have. :( http://www.petco.com/content/contactsubtopic.aspx?PC=contactanimalcare#top And here's PetSmart's...never mind. Couldn't find there's. I guess just write a bad review on their website and hope they take notice.

Reptiles4Life

Sub-Adult Member
traceyb73":301igrcq said:
I'm so proud of you for speaking up! It's uncomfortable sometimes to say something but just try to remember, these creatures can't speak for themselves. Maybe when you both get older you can get jobs at these stores and help them do things right. :D

Your so sweet! :)

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Pictures tonight. For real. I...Promise promise promise promise promise promise, AND PROMISE! There, now hopefully everyone will believe me! :D

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AGH. I did it again! I'm so so sorry guys. :( I just forgot. I have so much on my plate right now, so much so that everything is slipping off. I have barely any time to relax.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
PICS!!!
Not many, but hopefully enough until I have time to take more!

vXwRhFB.jpg

9zjRMwm.jpg

^ My beauty. I tell her she's majestic daily! Haha.

lswJpr6.jpg

^ her before the cage clean. You can see shed in the background. So cool!

PCRwCzq.jpg

^ her Sqeauky clean tank!

RECENT NEWS: she has become too heavy for her branch and cactus, the great search for the perfect basking spot begins. I can only imagine how mad she is at me.
She also hates my iPad cover. Which is what I take pictures with. Maybe I have to switch to my phone? Hah. A day in the life of a beardie slave.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
rluper":15214lh4 said:
AWWWWW she looks so cute!!!!!!!! i am so glad to see pics!
I'm glad to see people glad about seeing pics of my Fredster, and enjoying them! :D thank you!

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I’m sorry I haven’t posted in a while.
I promise I will post pics soon though. Not now, or tomorrow, but maybe the day after tomorrow.
I’ve been really frustrated lately and I don’t know why. But the problem is I contain my anger until something runs on my last nerve and then it all starts to just come out, I start to yell and sometimes I run outside. I really don’t know what to do anymore. :banghead: What I just said, is what happened today, and a couple days ago, and it’s been happening alot, I just really don’t know what to do!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
We're always here to vent if you need us. :D Feel free to pm me if you don't want to post about it.

Take care, all right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom