swollen eye in adult

Status
Not open for further replies.

minkeydad

Adult rescue dragon has a swollen eye the size of a blueberry. I have washed the eye repeatedly with sterile eye wash, and have been giving oral antibiotics for seven days with no improvement. Any suggestions?

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Hi,

I'm sorry your dragon's eye is giving him trouble and that the meds haven't been very effective. :(

Have you been able to pinpoint what is causing the eye irritation? Has it been diagnosed as photo-kerato-conjunctivitis (given the use of antibiotics)?

If I may ask,

What UVB (type AND brand) are you using? How OLD is your UVB?

Is your dragon on any type of loose substrate, any particles of which could have entered his eye?

Thanks,
Em

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What did the vet feel the reason for the eye swelling was from?
Which antibiotic has he been on?
What type of substrate are you using currently? Could sand or debris have gotten in the eye causing the infection possibly?
A picture would be helpful if you can get one up. Poor guy, that cannot be very comfortable at all for him.
Are you using any eye ointment such as Terramycin? That ointment is very effective.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom