supplements

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarrianna

How often should a multivitamin and calcium supplement be given?I have also heard mixed things about phosphorus and was wondering if it is ok.I want a beardie really badly so im researching every thing I can.Thanks loads.

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
The top is multi vitamin and bottom is calcium. This original chart is from beautifuldragons.com.
Less than a year old
4 - 5 x
7 x
1 - 2 years old
3 - 4 x
5 - 6 x
Over 2 years old
2 - 3 x
4 - 5 x
Pre-breeding or gravid
2 - 3 x
5 - 6 x
Sick or emaciated and less than a year old
3 - 4 x
5 - 6 x

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
People will generally have mixed opinions about things like this, so it is important to understand that nobody really knows. I wish we could get into BDs minds and figure out exactly what they want and need, but we can't, so for now we are pretty much guessing...

The chart takes care of the supplement matter... it should also say on the package of whatever brand you get.

I have also heard bad things about phosphorous, so I am taking the safe route. I have also heard that the Rep-Cal brand of supplementation is good, so I am getting Rep-Cal brand of Calcium with D3 powder and multivitamins.

Here are the links (but I'd reccommend getting them online rather than at a pet store; they're cheaper!):
Calcium with D3 (phosphorus free): http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754048
Multivitamins: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754047

I am currently into the later stages of researching... and getting a BD for xmas!!!! I am so excited!!!

Best of luck with getting yours! Great job with the research; the more you know, the happier your pet will be, and the happier you will be.

zarrianna

Original Poster
Thanks for the links.Im hoping to get one Christmmas too!Ill take the safe route also.Thanks lots. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom