Citrus in Supplements?

clyde612

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I have been trying to find good supplements for Clyde. He is currently on a food strike due to the parasite, or shedding soon, or a slight infection or all of those things. I am working with my vet to get him feeling better (antibiotic and dewormer) and giving him soaks since he's been itchy. For context his appetite started to decline before he started any medicine.

I make my own slurry out of his normal salad ingredients (a leafy green and zucchini, with a little bit of multivitamin and calcium with D3). However I'm looking at supplements to help him out while he is sick and I keep running into the same issue: CITRUS! It's in everything. I know a small amount can be okay, but the last thing I want to give my baby while he isn't feeling well is something he can't digest.

Supplement –– contains a "citrus blend" (grapefruit and lemon)

Repashy Beard Buffet — contains citric acid

Repta Boost — contains citric acid

Please let me know if this so something I should be concerned about to not. I have the Amber Naturalz supplement already and I haven't fed it to him yet because I'm worried about the citrus.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have been trying to find good supplements for Clyde. He is currently on a food strike due to the parasite, or shedding soon, or a slight infection or all of those things. I am working with my vet to get him feeling better (antibiotic and dewormer) and giving him soaks since he's been itchy. For context his appetite started to decline before he started any medicine.

I make my own slurry out of his normal salad ingredients (a leafy green and zucchini, with a little bit of multivitamin and calcium with D3). However I'm looking at supplements to help him out while he is sick and I keep running into the same issue: CITRUS! It's in everything. I know a small amount can be okay, but the last thing I want to give my baby while he isn't feeling well is something he can't digest.

Supplement –– contains a "citrus blend" (grapefruit and lemon)

Repashy Beard Buffet — contains citric acid

Repta Boost — contains citric acid

Please let me know if this so something I should be concerned about to not. I have the Amber Naturalz supplement already and I haven't fed it to him yet because I'm worried about the citrus.
I feed my roaches oranges not consistently tho and it doesn't seem to bother my dragons

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeenaD11
Top Bottom