Superworm bedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebee

I've added the chicken mash to the bran for about three months. It does seem to make them grow faster. But the next time I buy it, it will be without the corn. They don't seem to eat it so it's just wasted. Though, the roaches do eat it all up.

teebee

INCA":43b09 said:
do you breeed supers?

Yes, I almost have too many now that the BD has slowed down for the winter.

She still eats about 10 supers and a roach every third day.

INCA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well i have dubias starting to go and so i wanted another feeder.. so i bought 1000 supers to get my way started... are they hard to breed??

teebee

Piece o' cake!

Just move the beetle's bedding every week or so to a new container. The eggs are impossible to see and the hatchlings are next to impossible.

Just make sure that you keep them all hydrated. Here in the desert, one serving of potato slices a day in not enough. It has to be at least twice a day. I also give them cucumber slices as they last several days without drying up.

INCA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
now, you move the beetles every week to a new container?? and when moving eggs does it matter if i just jump the the potential eggs and baby worms into a new bin without hurting the eggs??

teebee

I don't think that you can damage the eggs by moving them like that.

I just scoop the beetles out by hand and put them in a new container with new bedding.

INCA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
so you just dump all potential eggs together in the same bin? and if you did wouldnt your substate be to much in the cage??

teebee

The big worms are in a 27 QT bin. with about 3 inches of bedding.

The beetles & baby worms are kept in small 1+quart bins. An inch of bedding is more than enough for the beetles and eggs, so two weeks worth = only two inches of bedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom