BSFL prep and care

TheBeard9789

Juvie Member
Hey guys been a bit hope everyone who celebrates had a happy new year and Christmas. I ordered a bunch of BSFL and I have had them before but small quantities my question is how to prep before feeding my beardies. I read slightly moist wheat bran was a feeding source for them (they came in soil) so I got that but wondering do I wash everyone and use the wheat bran instead of soil? And even more importantly is wheat bran harmful (If I use it) to beardies I tried looking for ways to prepare the BSFL and i wasn't successful I even looked on the supplier's website and couldn't find anything. They are currently in moist soil I have enough clean and ready for today I would like to do all this before tomorrow if anyone has advice

Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 3
Hey guys been a bit hope everyone who celebrates had a happy new year and Christmas. I ordered a bunch of BSFL and I have had them before but small quantities my question is how to prep before feeding my beardies. I read slightly moist wheat bran was a feeding source for them (they came in soil) so I got that but wondering do I wash everyone and use the wheat bran instead of soil? And even more importantly is wheat bran harmful (If I use it) to beardies I tried looking for ways to prepare the BSFL and i wasn't successful I even looked on the supplier's website and couldn't find anything. They are currently in moist soil I have enough clean and ready for today I would like to do all this before tomorrow if anyone has advice

Thank you
I think you keep them in the soil they come in I have not heard any different- I would rinse them before serving- some others on here might know more

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't feed them. I just keep them in the container they arrive in as mentioned in the previous post. They last a pretty long time at room temp and if any are left they eventually turn into black soldier flies (also a good treat). Some people will rinse them off in a sieve to remove dirt before feeding them off. This can be useful if the soil they are packed in is damp. If they are packed in a drier medium, you might be able to just brush them clean with your fingers. It's good to remove the packing medium before feeding them off either way. They are a pretty easy to deal with/low maintenance feeder option.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I see my lizard is being given Allopurinol 100ml tablet 10mg/ml (0.4) and tramadol 0.2ml every other day to help with gout. I have tramadol at home can I water it down and give it to her and if so do anyone know how much to water down ?
323A2CAE-899F-4592-90D2-DC37D45A30F1.jpeg

Baby photo! Look at how little and cute I was!!!
C34BF977-474F-4233-BF7E-8C797567E429.jpeg
Buffy snuggling with my partner!!!
Gout in bearded dragons
So freaking handsome I just love youuuuu so much 💕

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina16
Top Bottom