Substrate

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Both are junk, but if you HAD to pick one, it would be reptisand.

A better alternative would be a 50 lb bag of playsand that you can buy from any home improvement store for 5 bucks.

-Brandon

shakeroll123

Original Poster
Hard to find playsand here in the philippines, petstores though sell reptisand and reptibark. I think reptisand also less hassle cleaning because you can just strain the sand and take poop out

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You should still be able to find playsand though as it's a common construction material. You might just have to ask around or talk to some construction/mason guys.

You also have the option of not using a loose substrate. Something like tile or non-adhesive shelf liner is a good option too. And those options are very easy to clean.

-Brandon

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
Yeah if you're going with a loose substrate I would use a playsand + topsoil (w/o any fertilizer or additives) mix. Non-loose substrates are easy to clean too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom