Stitch and Sydney- New pics pg 22!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rescued a beardie yesterday, and am looking for a little support group overall for the most part, and any advice you have to give... and hopefully to watch this little one progress from pitaful to fat and sassy over the next months!!! For some quick background info...I'm a long time lurker of several bearded dragon forums over the past 7 years, and I've had 2 beardies over the past 6.5 years, but have always been a 1 beardie household (until today). My first I had for 5 years, before he passed from a long term illness, and then I've had a new baby for just over a year.
This one ended up with me yesterday. I'm not entirely sure of all the details, but he ended up with a wildlife rehabber about 3 weeks ago, who has to go through major surgery and who has been trying to get a better home for him since then. He was supposedly bitten by another bearded dragon on the tail base before going to the rehabber, but in my opinion it looks more like a dog bite. He's skinny, and the saddest part is apparently he put on "good weight" over the past 3 weeks - his little hip bones are all sticking out :( Here is a first picture, but I"m not sure how well the skinniness will come through
7544944_photobucket_18792_.jpg

7544944_photobucket_18793_.jpg

At the vet's office we did a full workup - got that scab off and the skin and area cleaned up, bloodwork, xrays, took a biopsy of the wound to make sure the yellow coloration around it isn't yellow fungus , and got him started on antibiotics and pain meds. He never would poo at the office, so no sample to test there (stinker). Here is a pic afterwards, in the 2nd bath of the day
7544944_photobucket_18794_.jpg

Things look better at that point, and he's lightened up a little bit at least.
I've got lights, etc on order for him, but for now, my tortoise was nice enough to share her UVB light , and we'll shift some lights around to get things up to temp, and then hopefully my next week all my stuff will be in and he'll be set up.
As I mentioned earlier support and advice are welcomed! Luckily my significant other, Matt, loves the beardies too, but doesn't quite understand :) I know many of you guys will !!! I've already become alarmingly attached to this dude, and have named him Stitch. This is the fastest I've named something in a long time, so hopefully that's not a jinx, but will give him something to aspire too. Figured the name worked...he's a rescue, but still a bit fiesty, and maybe he'll aspire to some mischievousness over time :D
When I got him home tonight and put him in the 3rd bath of the day (where i finally got poo :blob5: ) he lightened up the most I'd seen him, so I'm hoping he knows that he's HOME... and that's my anthropomorphizing for the day... (But check out the pics?? What do yall think ?????)
7544944_photobucket_18790_.jpg

and then snuggling in a towel - he's not sure quite what to make of this I think, but is still snuggled in the towel propped on my leg as I type....
7544944_photobucket_18789_.jpg

I'll have questions and concerns soon I'm sure, but I wanted to introduce Stitch !!
Carrie

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Wow, that was a hard work for Sydney, all those eggs :shock::shock:
But that pic of Stitch passed out is cracking me up! :laughhard:
Great pics! :mrgreen:

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She's been eating like a horse since she laid! Lots of hornworms and superworms... And if Stitch sees me feeding her he gives me the stink eye until I feed him some too *laughing*

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yay, finally a new update faithful followers ! :) Stitch feels it's been MUCH too long since his last pictures were posted on here ! *laughing*

They are both doing well !
A few pictures of Sydney (trying to imitate Wave maybe ??) doing the perch on head things!
On the DH's head !
7544944_photobucket_79724_.jpg

And on mine... not so hot pic as I was taking them myself with her stuck on top :)
7544944_photobucket_79725_.jpg

And here are a few pics from the day she went to work with me... i was a bad mommy and let her out of the carrier to sit on my arm for a few minutes while we were driving home...She was quite happy though !
7544944_photobucket_79726_.jpg

On my arm
7544944_photobucket_79728_.jpg

And this was my favorite of the bunch with the shadowing
7544944_photobucket_79729_.jpg

And now for Stitch's update ! Over the past weekend we made him a platform/ cave for his cage - made it form the polystyrene stuff and painted it, etc
Here is a picture in his tank
7544944_photobucket_80634_.jpg

7544944_photobucket_80636_.jpg

Stitch taking a gander at it...
7544944_photobucket_80637_.jpg

And Sprinkles needing to check it out !
7544944_photobucket_80635_.jpg

And Stitch checking it out after about 15 minutes
7544944_photobucket_80638_.jpg

7544944_photobucket_80640_.jpg

7544944_photobucket_80641_.jpg

And I'll continue the pictures on another post !

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
After checking out the ramp he needed a snack...
7544944_photobucket_80647_.jpg

I'm Sooooo fast the camera cannot hope to capture me !
7544944_photobucket_80644_.jpg

SUPER TONGUE
7544944_photobucket_80643_.jpg

he grabs a bite and backs away to eat it... so odd :roll:
7544944_photobucket_80645_.jpg

Kill the salad - shaking head violently
7544944_photobucket_80646_.jpg

I OWNED that salad !
7544944_photobucket_80648_.jpg

After some "green courage" he was brave enough to try out the ramp all the way
7544944_photobucket_80649_.jpg

7544944_photobucket_80650_.jpg

So handsome!
7544944_photobucket_80651_.jpg

And while I was watching Stitch watch his new furniture... Sydney was watching us both...so a few pictures of her splatted on her rock this afternoon
What?
7544944_photobucket_80652_.jpg

7544944_photobucket_80653_.jpg

Poor thing is getting ready to shed part of her back, belly, legs, tail, and face... but only part of each... :roll:
Sooooo cute !
7544944_photobucket_80654_.jpg

Stitch got on the platform part but I didn't get a picture of it. I'm hoping he'll try out the cave soon. He always "puts himself to bed" every night so I'm hoping he'll enjoy the cave for that... but we'll see !
Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed the picture overload!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Just loved all the pics, Stitch with his new cave and the salad destroyer, :laughing6: ..............: And Sydney with her unique shedding pattern, what a great picture! Can never get enough pics, so thanks. Glad to see them both doing well, Carrie.

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for checking them out and glad you enjoyed! They are my silly dragons :) And I'm thrilled to be able to share some of that silliness!!!!! :D
I hope things stabilize and get better and better for you :)

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
I just read over most of your thread, its very interesting :D
I love the cave you made for Stitch!
Did you put it on the warm or cool side of the tank?

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
oh man! the salad destroyer pictures are great! i especially love the super tongue picture. so good!

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I've been a super slacker about updating ! I've been busy, etc etc :) Yall know how it goes !!
No real pictures to update, but wanted to let you know that Stitch and Sydney are both doing well. Stitch just shed his face and part of his tail - he's a handsome boy :) He's still eating me out of house and home... he'll eat ALL the insects I would give him :roll: and usually cleans his salad plate daily. He's a lean mean head bobbin' machine :lol: He is still enjoying his platform/ cave that I built for him, but some of grout/paint is flaking off :( So it's looking a bit rough, but still quite functional! He loves to throw himself from the top onto his cushy towel below and then scamper up the ramp and bask up top. he often puts himself to bed in the cave, so I hope he likes it ! He certainly seems to !
Sydney is doing well. She got to hang outside with me today while I watered things and took care of Jasper, my tortoise. She enjoyed herself. No more eggs from her thank goodness ! I hope we're done for the year. She's eating and hanging out and snuggling with mom. She loves to pass out on the back of the couch with her back legs spread out like a frog behind her :) Cuteness !

On a side note.. I've managed to introduce beardies to 2 new people ... 2 of the girls I work with now have one thanks to my incessant praise of everything bearded dragon ! One took in a rescue that found her way into my life through the vet, and is doing great now. She was turned into the vet's office for a medical condition ( her uterus had prolapsed through the vent and was dead tissue - it was there for over 3 weeks before she got brought in !!! :( poor baby) But she's doing great now... her new name is Rue ! and she is quite the diva ! Loves to be out and sitting on you and will get grumpy colors and stress bars when you put her back in her tank unless she wants to be there. *laughing* She's supposed to be about 5, and I'm thrilled she is with a good family and her new owners are enthralled with her !!! And then another co-worker ended up buying a baby from the same breeder that Sydney is from and ADORES her spazzy little 28 gram baby named Brody :) I'm enjoying hearing about all her baby tales with him.
It's been fun to show off the beardies and then see friends get them too and experience the quirks and personalities of these special pets :)

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hi Carrie!!!! Wow, it's been awhile!! I'm so glad to hear that Stitch and Sydney are doing fabulously! Isn't it great to convert people to dragon lovers! I have to say, having all of these babies for friends/family to see have changed the minds of many!

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It is fun getting people turned onto bearded dragons. I bet it is really neat from a breeders point of view too, esp all the ooo's and ahhh's you are sure to get with those beautiful babies !! :) I've seen your pics on FB and here and think all those little ones are sooo cute :) you're doing a great job and I'm glad it's working out so well :)
Thanks for checking things out and i'll try to do better again at posting :oops: and getting some new pictures up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom