Still brumating?

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Is it normal for my beardie to still be brumating? She hasn’t ate in a while and hasn’t came out to explore her new 2x2x4. Is this ok or should I be waking her up?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Since early December and no, I’ve woke her up some and got her to eat a lil and she basked then went right back into brumation.
They can brumate up to 3 months - I wouldnt let it go any longer than that- get her out every couple of weeks and offer water - get a weight on her and keep track of it - weigh in grams kitchen food scale -

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What is her age right now?
The average time for brumation is usually around 3-5 months but most of the time we don't let brumation run longer than 4 or 5 months. It greatly depends due to
the age & condition of the dragon.
If you have an adult who isn't losing any weight & has
no health problems a little longer brumation is fine.
As Karrie suggested, it is always a good idea to bring
them out to weigh them & hydrate them if needed during
the brumation phase.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk
Hi everyone, I have a question please. I have a thick branch I got from outside. It has been in freezing temperatures so I know that it is insect free. I took it off the ground and sat it up during a night we got down to 15 so the entire thing would freeze. Well tonight I put white vinegar all over it too cleanse it since it won't fit in my oven. Do I need to rinse with water tomorrow or is it fine left alone dried?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Druck
Top Bottom