Possibly getting ready to lay a clutch?

lputnam

I took Apricot to the vet for a check up a month ago, and she was healthy but they did an ultrasound and determined she had a few follicles. She’s still eating, pooping, and very active but every now and then lately she’s been doing this stance. Could this possibly be preparing to lay her clutch? Thank you!
IMG_4559.jpeg
also, I did give her a dig box but she shows zero interest in it. She hasn’t been doing any digging really.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there , well the signs that are common when they are close to laying are glass surfing or digging around the enclosure. They ususally eat a lot for a week or so before but then lose the appetite for a few days as they look for the spot to dig . Is she eating well, is she lethargic or mostly acting normal ? She just looks a little tired in that pic. :)

lputnam

Original Poster
Hi there , well the signs that are common when they are close to laying are glass surfing or digging around the enclosure. They ususally eat a lot for a week or so before but then lose the appetite for a few days as they look for the spot to dig . Is she eating well, is she lethargic or mostly acting normal ? She just looks a little tired in that pic. :)
Thanks for the answer! She’s eating well, basking, and pooping. She only really glass surfs when she has to poop. For a few weeks she was very lethargic, but I upgraded her 12% UVB to a 14% which seems to have done the trick, considering it’s on a screen and there’s a good amount of distance between the basking spot and UVB

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh you did mention she was eating and active so everything seems normal, nothing to indicate that she's looking to lay eggs. How big is she BTW ?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom