Sleeping on cold side

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
Please get the temp up to 105-110- till around 6 months of age --- please tell me what UVB your using-- NO coils please you want a long tube fixture -- coils go in domes
I have a coil one right now but bought pro t5 I'm gonna hang above her enclosure today n Im only hanging it cause it says 10 in from the dragon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a coil one right now but bought pro t5 I'm gonna hang above her enclosure today n Im only hanging it cause it says 10 in from the dragon
Great UVB -- your screen will determine where the UVB needs to go along w/ distance - please post a pic of the screen from above so I can see it

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
Please be careful about leaving crickets over night, they will bite and injure your dragon.
As for the temp, you can raise the basking a bit closer to the light, or get a stronger light. Either works 🙂
As far as questions ask about anything your unsure of, we are all here to help. We all love beardies and the people who try to treat them well. You don't evet have to guess, there is someone here knowledgeable about just about anything.
Thank you I feel like I'm overthinking EVERYTHING and I haven't been leaving crickets in there at night I just missed one I guess cause I read about the biting too... But when I leave for work I gotta put her food in before I leave or she will go all day without insects... I mean she has dubia in there but they hide pretty good

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
Great UVB -- your screen will determine where the UVB needs to go along w/ distance - please post a pic of the screen from above so I can see it

Attachments

• 20240414_135649.jpg
    20240414_135649.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 18

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
Thank you I feel like I'm overthinking EVERYTHING and I haven't been leaving crickets in there at night I just missed one I guess cause I read about the biting too... But when I leave for work I gotta put her food in before I leave or she will go all day without insects... I mean she has dubia in there but they hide pretty good
I don't think she likes me very much I mean I know I've only had her a week and it a lot of change for her but she has to stress lines and I talk to her and she moves her little head around but doesn't want me to touch her she will eat out my hand though or my tongs...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I don't think she likes me very much I mean I know I've only had her a week and it a lot of change for her but she has to stress lines and I talk to her and she moves her little head around but doesn't want me to touch her she will eat out my hand though or my tongs...
Your screen is a wide hole type you can leave it on top just get a piece of basking decor directly under it 8-10 inches --- keep working w/ her in the tank - get your hand in there as much as possible its good your hand feeding her -- get her some BSFL and leave them in the tank on top of her salads when you leave as well as the dubias --- you will need a dish like this one they work great for BSFL and small dubias Amazon.com
I would leave around 20-25 BSFL in the dish along w/ 10-15 small dubias --- www.symtonbsf.com I dont know how big she is but the BSFL are small and soft - she maybe able to eat the medium ones -- how old is she? She should be able to eat medium size ones

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
Your screen is a wide hole type you can leave it on top just get a piece of basking decor directly under it 8-10 inches --- keep working w/ her in the tank - get your hand in there as much as possible its good your hand feeding her -- get her some BSFL and leave them in the tank on top of her salads when you leave as well as the dubias --- you will need a dish like this one they work great for BSFL and small dubias Amazon.com
I would leave around 20-25 BSFL in the dish along w/ 10-15 small dubias --- www.symtonbsf.com I dont know how big she is but the BSFL are small and soft - she maybe able to eat the medium ones -- how old is she? She should be able to eat medium size ones
She's about 5 in with tail

Attachments

• 20240414_142142.jpg
    20240414_142142.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 20

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She's about 5 in with tail
Shes really little go w/ the medium BSFL --they are a great staple feeder for babies -- along w/ the dubias I would get rid of the crickets - make sure your offering salads w/ the insects on top - her main diet is protein now -- here is a website for nutrition Nutrition Content ignore the kale info its outdated and a good staple feeder -- w/ your surface basking temps on par and UVB she will thrive and adjust to her tank and surroundings quicker --

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
Okay thank you so much for all this information and I'm definitely going to utilize every single bit of it I want to be the best bearded dragon mommy I can and I want her to be comfortable and trust me and feel safe so I'll definitely be messaging back probably with more questions I'm sure and definitely keep you updated on how Delilah is doing so one more question today for now earlier she was looking around in her cage and she waved like she was submitting to something and I wasn't up on the cage so I don't believe that she was doing it towards me but is that a possible sign that she is a she cuz she has two names right now it's Oscar Delilah because I don't know if she's in Oscar or Delilah but I use Delilah Moore because she just comes off as a female now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okay thank you so much for all this information and I'm definitely going to utilize every single bit of it I want to be the best bearded dragon mommy I can and I want her to be comfortable and trust me and feel safe so I'll definitely be messaging back probably with more questions I'm sure and definitely keep you updated on how Delilah is doing so one more question today for now earlier she was looking around in her cage and she waved like she was submitting to something and I wasn't up on the cage so I don't believe that she was doing it towards me but is that a possible sign that she is a she cuz she has two names right now it's Oscar Delilah because I don't know if she's in Oscar or Delilah but I use Delilah Moore because she just comes off as a female now
We won't be able to sex her till she's around 6 months - please ask if you need more help

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
We won't be able to sex her till she's around 6 months - please ask if you need more help
Absolutely..so I'm at the store now are qaxworns okay... And what do I clean the inside of her enclosure with they have these wipes

Attachments

• 17131294315508927516884952978547.jpg
    17131294315508927516884952978547.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 16

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Absolutely..so I'm at the store now are qaxworns okay... And what do I clean the inside of her enclosure with they have these wipes
Wax worms are fatty use sparingly - you can mix up a spray bottle of vinegar and water 50/50 clean then use a wet cloth to wipe up - odor will disapte

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
Wax worms are fatty use sparingly - you can mix up a spray bottle of vinegar and water 50/50 clean then use a wet cloth to wipe up - odor will disapte
Okay I've got her lights on finally but don't know how to position them I don't feel like the end of the uvb light should be up next to the heat lamp and I can't sit the heat lamp on the plastic part of the screen is it to close

Attachments

• 20240414_191937.jpg
    20240414_191937.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240414_191937.jpg
    20240414_191937.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 19

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom