Size and age

shakeroll123

Original Poster
Is this the right size of a 3 month old dragon?

Attachments

• 20220905_131225.jpg
    20220905_131225.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 114

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
I always feel like it can be hard to tell, considering many dragons are different sizes and different ages. My girl was on the shorter end than an “average” 3 month beardie - but some dragons are a larger size at 3 months! Regardless - this dragon you have appears super physically healthy at glance, so that’s always a good thing! I also reccomend keeping track of the length and weight - I think it must be cool to look back and see all that growth - and to compare it with others/or another of yours if you were to ever get another, to get an idea of their growth rate, etc. I wish I would have done that with my dragon!

It looks like a lot of websites are giving a 3 - 4 month length averages anywhere from 7 - 11 inches, but those ranges are not set in stone - I think they are mostly meant to give an idea - but with different dragons, different genetics, different care, etc - growth (length and weight) can be, well … different! I will say I think that this dragon definitely does *not* appear too small for a 3 month at all - in case if you ever had an worry over that!

Is that a boy or a girl? What is their name? Super gorgeous!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I always feel like it can be hard to tell, considering many dragons are different sizes and different ages. My girl was on the shorter end than an “average” 3 month beardie - but some dragons are a larger size at 3 months! Regardless - this dragon you have appears super physically healthy at glance, so that’s always a good thing! I also reccomend keeping track of the length and weight - I think it must be cool to look back and see all that growth - and to compare it with others/or another of yours if you were to ever get another, to get an idea of their growth rate, etc. I wish I would have done that with my dragon!

It looks like a lot of websites are giving a 3 - 4 month length averages anywhere from 7 - 11 inches, but those ranges are not set in stone - I think they are mostly meant to give an idea - but with different dragons, different genetics, different care, etc - growth (length and weight) can be, well … different! I will say I think that this dragon definitely does *not* appear too small for a 3 month at all - in case if you ever had an worry over that!

Is that a boy or a girl? What is their name? Super gorgeous!
I agree, time moves so quickly and the shedding/growth happens so rapidly. I couldn't see it at first but now I can see it a lot (what others saw a month ago). Enjoy all of the moments!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom