Size and age

shakeroll123

Original Poster
Is this the right size of a 3 month old dragon?

Attachments

• 20220905_131225.jpg
    20220905_131225.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 104

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
I always feel like it can be hard to tell, considering many dragons are different sizes and different ages. My girl was on the shorter end than an “average” 3 month beardie - but some dragons are a larger size at 3 months! Regardless - this dragon you have appears super physically healthy at glance, so that’s always a good thing! I also reccomend keeping track of the length and weight - I think it must be cool to look back and see all that growth - and to compare it with others/or another of yours if you were to ever get another, to get an idea of their growth rate, etc. I wish I would have done that with my dragon!

It looks like a lot of websites are giving a 3 - 4 month length averages anywhere from 7 - 11 inches, but those ranges are not set in stone - I think they are mostly meant to give an idea - but with different dragons, different genetics, different care, etc - growth (length and weight) can be, well … different! I will say I think that this dragon definitely does *not* appear too small for a 3 month at all - in case if you ever had an worry over that!

Is that a boy or a girl? What is their name? Super gorgeous!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I always feel like it can be hard to tell, considering many dragons are different sizes and different ages. My girl was on the shorter end than an “average” 3 month beardie - but some dragons are a larger size at 3 months! Regardless - this dragon you have appears super physically healthy at glance, so that’s always a good thing! I also reccomend keeping track of the length and weight - I think it must be cool to look back and see all that growth - and to compare it with others/or another of yours if you were to ever get another, to get an idea of their growth rate, etc. I wish I would have done that with my dragon!

It looks like a lot of websites are giving a 3 - 4 month length averages anywhere from 7 - 11 inches, but those ranges are not set in stone - I think they are mostly meant to give an idea - but with different dragons, different genetics, different care, etc - growth (length and weight) can be, well … different! I will say I think that this dragon definitely does *not* appear too small for a 3 month at all - in case if you ever had an worry over that!

Is that a boy or a girl? What is their name? Super gorgeous!
I agree, time moves so quickly and the shedding/growth happens so rapidly. I couldn't see it at first but now I can see it a lot (what others saw a month ago). Enjoy all of the moments!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom