• 12 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Older

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shard

Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
So I've always been wondering how old Xion is. This has only gotten more confusing as the vet keeps changing her age on records (6 months to 9 months, no measuring or weighing)

She was rescued from a garage, so nobody was able to tell me when they got her or how old she is.
She was probably in there for at least a month, though my mom says 3?

Here's how she looked when I adopted her at around 11 inches, and here's her now at 15.
1708610021759.jpg
1708609968452.jpg

So the timeline is:
September - 11"
December - 13.5"
February - 15"
(6 months)

I unfortunately don't have a scale that can weigh in grams.
Trying to figure this out myself confuses me since the minimum she could be is 7 months, but that would imply she was abandoned immediately and sold underage. But she only seems to be long enough to be 8 months, which STILL implies she was abandoned quickly. Why would anyone do that?!

Any help would be appreciated!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I guessed 9 months because it looks like she had grown slowly for 4 months before you got her judging by how she looks very lean in the original picture but no rounded baby head and has a longish tail. So if you've had her for 5 months that takes you to 9 months old. Of course that's just a guess and she can be a little bit older or younger.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I guessed 9 months because it looks like she had grown slowly for 4 months before you got her judging by how she looks very lean in the original picture but no rounded baby head and has a longish tail. So if you've had her for 5 months that takes you to 9 months old. Of course that's just a guess and she can be a little bit older or younger.
9 to 11 months was kindda what i was thinking.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
So I've always been wondering how old Xion is. This has only gotten more confusing as the vet keeps changing her age on records (6 months to 9 months, no measuring or weighing)

She was rescued from a garage, so nobody was able to tell me when they got her or how old she is.
She was probably in there for at least a month, though my mom says 3?

Here's how she looked when I adopted her at around 11 inches, and here's her now at 15.
View attachment 87537 View attachment 87536

So the timeline is:
September - 11"
December - 13.5"
February - 15"
(6 months)

I unfortunately don't have a scale that can weigh in grams.
Trying to figure this out myself confuses me since the minimum she could be is 7 months, but that would imply she was abandoned immediately and sold underage. But she only seems to be long enough to be 8 months, which STILL implies she was abandoned quickly. Why would anyone do that?!

Any help would be appreciated!!
Regardless of her age she's lucky you found her. She is very pretty to.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She looks beautiful! I agree with AHBD, she doesn't have as much of a baby face so her bone structure
is maturing.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom