silkworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasouopa

how hard is it to really raise the eggs.. the website on mulberry farm makes it seem so easy .
im about to buy 2000 eggs and try to raise them

brunoboy

How many dragons are you planning on feeding silkworms?

2,000 is a LOT of silkworms.

I have one dragon and always start with 250 eggs.

Do you have a incubator?

Feeding baby silkworms can get very expensive as they are eating machines!

Raising silkworms is fairly easy but you have to be very diligent in your care for them. I raised two strains of silks last summer and was able to keep the cycle going because I had access to many mulberry trees. I've stopped the cycle this winter because I simply cannot afford the chow it takes to keep them going.......plus my dragon became SO burned out with silks that he would look at me with eyes that said, 'you've GOT to be kidding!' And I was giving him a variety of dubias, silks and supers.

Good luck!

neecie

Juvie Member
I'm not up on raising them, but even when I buy the pod (container w/food in it), it's difficult to keep it warm like suggested. My house temp is about 72, and instructions say 75-88 or they won't grow. Being the slave that I am............you can see me moving it around under lamps, near the heat register, etc. etc. Good luck with your endeavour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom