Siamese twins

Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nl0v3

I checked on my eggs and found what I thought was twins. Came back a few hours later to check on them and they are siamese twins :( They are wiggling around just fine. Not sure what to do with them though.
siamese.jpg

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Well yay for hatching, as for what to do with them.. only time will tell if they will be able to survive or not. Hoefully they can :mrgreen:

Jayson745

Hatchling Member
Its hard to tell from the picture. But where are they attached? It almost looks like their chests are hooked together. If they aren't even going to be able to walk, then their quality of life would be very bad, and they should probably be culled(put to death). Unless you have tons of money to try and have them surgically separated, which might end up with the same result anyway.

I'm sure thats not what you wanted to hear, but thats my opinion.

Any chance you can get clearer pictures?

jsnsan

Juvie Member
I can't tell by the pics. Are they going to be able to be mobile? We have someone on here with tons of experience with a set of siamese twins. I cant think of their names at this very moment.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm thinking a poster named Fresnowite [ ? ] has Zak + Wheezie. But yes,sad as it is it's almost a certainty that they can't live when attached at the stomach/chest. If it were side by side, there could be a chance. Poor little guys.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Zak-n Wheezie have a large thread on here! They have just celebrated another birthday and have won the hearts of anyone who has everyone taken time to read about them. They are a miracle :D
You should really take the time to check it out. If you could repost a more clear picture it would help to give advice. I will pray they too will become a medical miracle! It really isn't usually a good outcome for siamese twins however depending on where they are attached can make a large difference.

drag0nl0v3

Original Poster
It's hard to get a good picture of them. They are indeed attached. Their belly buttons as I call them are attached. They can walk now however. I wasn't sure they'd make it through the night but they are alive and well! I have seen the other post and I think they are adorable but I have to say I don't think mine will make it like them. Many people have said they should be put down but I'm going to give them a chance. If I see they are suffering I will do it then. I found a doctor who would separate them free of charge if it can be done but they need to be a little bit bigger.

drag0nl0v3

Original Poster
DSCN0058.jpg

This is as good as I can get. They are attached right above their belly buttons to right below their necklines. One can walk on his back legs while the other walks on his side

Jayson745

Hatchling Member
drag0nl0v3":1fobidrd said:
I found a doctor who would separate them free of charge if it can be done but they need to be a little bit bigger.

You lucked out there. I would try that route if they make it that far. Just because they can hobble around, doesn't mean they would enjoy living like that. Also, it looks like they aren't joined to severely (sharing organs, legs, ect). It might just be mostly skin they share.

I hope it works out for them.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Aww...they are precious :love5: ...but of course I'd say that. :wink:
I hope that their attachment is just skin or easy to separate being you have found a vet willing to see them for free.
I am witness that they can live this way with LOTS of your help and devotion, but that doesn't mean there won't difficulties.
Please feel free to contact me here or email me ( [email protected]) if you have any questions or concerns I might be able to help with.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Aww...they are precious :love5: ...but of course I'd say that. :wink:
Barb sure got that right!! Precious,precious! I will be rooting for the two of them. I sure hope the vet has good news. I'm really thrilled your giving them a chance to see how it goes :blob5: :blob8: . Lot of love being sent their way!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Believe me, I hope for the best outcome for these sweet babies. If the vet could separate them, that may be their only chance to survive longer than a few weeks or so. Until then , they will probably need syringe feeding or when /if they show interest in live food it will have to be offered by hand. Barb, your beardie's are famous for their survival, what a great job you've done with them ! But a 2 headed beardie is probably a world of difference from ones attached at the belly or chest. I wasn't sure if you had one's that were in this similar condition? Hopefully they can gain enough strength to have the surgery, and their attachment is only by a small amount of skin. That would be a wonderful outcome, and one I would hope for.

drag0nl0v3

Original Poster
Thanks guys! It really means a lot! They are doing great. They started to stand up on their own today. Grant it they still fall over sometimes but they'll get it down. I'm going to try food tomorrow and see if they want to eat it. Their clutchmates are so amazed by them, I often find them trying to climb in the bowl to get to them. They are certainly more active than I would have thought. Again You guys are great for being so caring and rooting for my two babies. Thanks again for your love and support! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom