WTF is this

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Guyyyssss...what the hell is this.?? It looks like she passed...egg yolk. It just...plopped out... Do we need to take her to the vet or something.? She laid her eggs on the 17th, then that stray one 5 days later, now whatever the heck this is. Y'all what is wrong with this girl??

EDIT TO ADD she just pooped and out came another yolk but it was busted, I guess.?? What is wrong with my lizard

Attachments

• 20240126_124427.jpg
    20240126_124427.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 44

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Guyyyssss...what the hell is this.?? It looks like she passed...egg yolk. It just...plopped out... Do we need to take her to the vet or something.? She laid her eggs on the 17th, then that stray one 5 days later, now whatever the heck this is. Y'all what is wrong with this girl??

EDIT TO ADD she just pooped and out came another yolk but it was busted, I guess.?? What is wrong with my lizard
Looks like a egg --- lets have ahbd chime in here
@AHBD

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Looks like a egg --- lets have ahbd chime in here
@AHBD
I thought it was too and the only thing I could find about a shellless egg was not having enough calcium to form the egg properly but she's already laid 27 of them perfectly so I'm not sure..

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It looks like a slug. Is it firm or hard to the touch?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
If you look at the clutch Ruby laid you'll see some slugs. Sweet Pea just laid also, she had several slugs but i didnt take pics.

Attachments

• 20240107_083638.jpg
    20240107_083638.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 29

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
If you look at the clutch Ruby laid you'll see some slugs. Sweet Pea just laid also, she had several slugs but i didnt take pics.
Yeah, those still partially have shell on it, tho. This one didn't at all. It plopped out like a spoonful of jello and I inspected it with a toothpick and it popped and the same yellow stuff from her infertile eggs was inside it. It was jiggly and soft

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

This does happen sometimes. I agree, there shouldn't be any issues, as long as she doesn't seem to
be having any issues or black bearding, etc.

Tracie
She's been acting normal, basking and eating, etc. she has been having a bit of a black beard lately, but I think that's been in response to Nova being territorial. Nova has always been pretty chill but here lately, she's been headbobbing, foot stomping and racing along the front of the glass to try to get to her. I just cover the corner of nova so she can't see Dreki but it definitely seems like they all have it out for Dreks. 😅😅

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, that would likely be why her beard has been a little dark. They definitely become territorial &
just communicate with other dragons, too.
I'm glad she is doing very well & is very active, too.
The foot stomping & head bobbing are very impressive. :)

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

Yes, that would likely be why her beard has been a little dark. They definitely become territorial &
just communicate with other dragons, too.
I'm glad she is doing very well & is very active, too.
The foot stomping & head bobbing are very impressive. :)

Tracie
Nova has become pretty territorial toward Dreki, specifically. She will loose her mind and race to the front of the glass to headbob, foot stomp and try her hardest to get to her, she used to be so chill.

But yeah, Dreki is eating well and so is nubby. It's weird, when Dreki first stopped eating, so did nubby. And as soon as Dreki laid her eggs, they both started eating at the same time and are eating well. Surely that's coincidence because they're the same age, maybe.? Chris thinks they're more bonded than we think. We thought they were bonded when we got them because they always stayed together, clung to each other all day and even slept together the first few months until we put them in their own cages

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I think they can definitely bond withh each other. Our girls Ruby and Sweet Pea seek each other out all the time.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I think they can definitely bond withh each other. Our girls Ruby and Sweet Pea seek each other out all the time.
They may not be bonded anymore, anytime nubby is out, his soul purpose is to get into Dreki's tank for one reason or another...😅 But their lack of eating and starting back eating definitely happened at the exact same time.

I weighed her and Dreki is already up like 40g in a week. She's 590 now

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like they are doing pretty well. At least they are gaining weight & are eating better now.
I hope they both continue to stay active & improve. Feel free to post pictures & updates on them
at any time.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom