shedding taking too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmar

my beardie shed his whole body except his tail three days ago and his tail still hasn't shed. Is there something wrong? i gave him a bath after he shed so his tail could shed too and yesterday i gave him another.

Treehorn

Hatchling Member
We posted very similar posts within minutes of each other. Does your beardies tail look similar to the ones in my pics in my post called "black tail"?

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Not at all. My beardie, Budo, will usually shed his legs and head, then wait a month before shedding his tail and body. If he's younger, he will most likely have completed his shed by the end of the week. Keep up baths every one or two days and monitor him closely. If his tail starts to turn dark, as with Treehorn's beardie, that is a cause for some concern, but that does not happen very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom