Shedding Taking a long time

siel19

Beardie name(s)
Ruby
Hi there- our 5 month old is taking a very long time to shed this time around. We are going into week three and her entire back section is still a very dull color but does not show any signs of beginning to shed. Her legs and head have shed. We’ve been misting her several times a day to help the process. Is this normal? Thanks in advance!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

It is normal, especially as they get larger and larger, they grow slower and slower.

You don't need to do anything at all the help. Misting doesn't help with bearded dragons shedding like it does for some creatures (snakes/geckos/etc.)

-Brandon

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Hi there- our 5 month old is taking a very long time to shed this time around. We are going into week three and her entire back section is still a very dull color but does not show any signs of beginning to shed. Her legs and head have shed. We’ve been misting her several times a day to help the process. Is this normal? Thanks in advance!
My boy hasn’t shed in a month, it slows as they get older. I think his last shed took about 3 weeks total

Lyrebird.Rainwing

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Swordtail
Hi there,

It is normal, especially as they get larger and larger, they grow slower and slower.

You don't need to do anything at all the help. Misting doesn't help with bearded dragons shedding like it does for some creatures (snakes/geckos/etc.)

-Brandon
I personally help with the face shed so that my boy Swordtail doesn't accidentally scratch himself in the eye trying to get shed off of his face. He's already partially blind in one eye so he doesn't need to be partially blind in the other too!
Just what I do though

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom