Shedding issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reptar's been getting ready to shed for a week now, and she is already covered in her shedded skin. However, she won't shed on her own, and I have to help. Any advice on how to help her shed again?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes a shed can take a while to complete, that's OK. I don't recommend doing anything further than increasing the frequency of warm baths to help the shed along. If you pick at or pull the skin it can cause damage to the growing skin underneath. Best to let it run it's own course as much as you can.

JasonBreen

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3cxt6wgt said:
Sometimes a shed can take a while to complete, that's OK. I don't recommend doing anything further than increasing the frequency of warm baths to help the shed along. If you pick at or pull the skin it can cause damage to the growing skin underneath. Best to let it run it's own course as much as you can.
Oops. I uh...tried to pick at the skin, needless to say, she was less than pleased with me. Under the shedded skin, however, the new scales felt moist and soft, it could be related to the baths I give her...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Cooper is 100 % right....never pull the skin off. The new moist skin will be very sensitive and can burn more easily. If it starts looking irritated you can put aloe gel on it [ with NO added alcohol ] but it may turn out O.K

JasonBreen

Original Poster
AHBD":1g5irx28 said:
Cooper is 100 % right....never pull the skin off. The new moist skin will be very sensitive and can burn more easily. If it starts looking irritated you can put aloe gel on it [ with NO added alcohol ] but it may turn out O.K
Alright, so she will shed on her own without my help? Also, what is the moist skin? It's no longer moist, but its darker than the rest of her skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom