Say hello to Kurt and Iron Fist

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtvl

Hi, the name's Kurt. I'm retired Air Force living in Arizona.

Stumbled upon this website trying to take care of Iron Fist, my wife's newest Beardie (we've had one before last time we were Stateside).

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome to the forum! It is always good to see people getting into bearded dragons!
Why was the beardie named Iron Fist? After the Marvel character?

kurtvl

Original Poster
Thank you everyone. Iron Fist is roughly a year old and recently (about ten days ago) woke up from his first brumation. What spooked us was how drastically his appetite had changed and how he was (and still is) constantly climbing and running laps around his tank. He's starting to calm down and it looks like he's about to shed though he's still only eating a piece or two of greens at a time and I haven't been able to get him to eat any protein since he woke up (though I think his Super Worms may have grown a little to big for him).

And thank you, it is a cool name, isn't it? Yes, he is named after the Marvel character. My wife let our five year old son name him on the way home and he was on a massive Ultimate Spider-Man kick at the time so that's what we ended up with. My wife was surprised at the choice, but I think it's because we had recently seen an episode where they actually showed Shou-Lao, the dragon, that Danny Rand fought to become Iron Fist.

And finally here are some pics, I'd like to point out that the child in the first two pictures is the same, they were taken roughly four or five months apart.

From this....
83295-361213829.jpg
To This.
83295-4089109339.jpg
Food, food....did you bring me food?
83295-1444745306.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom