Runny Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyDow

Hey everyone,

Our Bud ( 6 months old) has been going to the toilet everyday, regular as clockwork. Today, his poop was very runny and green.

What is going on?

Thank you,

Laura

Lennifer

Juvie Member
Did u happen to feed him anything dif then what u normally feed him? Sometimes the poo can be a bit on the explosive or runny side if they are very well hydrated, so that's why I was asking what he ate. If his poo continues to be this way, I would take a poo sample to the vet to have a fecal done just to be sure it's not parasites.

~Sandy

Jessd123

this has been happening with bogey as well.. we have been feeding him mustard greens for about 2 months now and i wash them thoroughly just to make sure all of the dirt and stuff is cleaned off... it seems like the greens may retain water a bit.. and the past two poops he has had are really runny and greenish colored... i hope its not parasites... is it a problem if he is too hydrated?? i feed him greens everyday normally as a second meal and other than that he eats crickets... i may hold off on them for a few days to see if there are any changes in poo. u think that may help?

Lennifer

Juvie Member
It's def not an issue for your beardie to be well hydrated ;)

Although, if his poo continues to be runny/not well formed I would def take a sample in to the vet to have a fecal exam done just to be on the safe side.

I just looked at the nutrition chart on Beautiful Dragons.com & Mustard Greens actually contain 91% water.

~Sandy

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah is it runny or does it just have a lot of liquid with it? My dragons can have well formed poo but the excrete a lot of liquid with it.

Jessd123

its pretty runny, but there is ALOT of liquid that comes out with it, thats why im thinking it is a hydration issue, because its really watery, he loves mustard greens and eats alot of them everyday... we just bought a new batch of them, they are very fresh and it has only been the past 2 poops that have been very watery/runny so maybe its because they are so fresh, i do mist them as well because sometimes he gets the dehydration wrinkles, NOT LATELY but i wanna prevent that u know. i try to feed him collards too but he just doesnt like them as much so i've just been stickin with the mustards. i will continue to feed himt he greens maybe not mist them as much since they contain so much water on their own... just rinse them and put vitamins on them. i will keep an eye on the poopy. thanks for all ur advice. iw ill let u guys know next time he poos what it looks like. haha. gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom