Confusing Poop...

My dragon is about 2 years old and all of sudden her poop has become runny and smelly(er). First thought was obviously parasites right? Wrong. Fecal test came back totally clear. She only goes around once every couple of weeks and the last two have not been solid at all. Looks like chili with no discernable urate. Over the last 2 months she's laid 2 separate clutches of about 25 eggs each. Appetite is fine. Devours both bugs and greens.

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
My dragon is about 2 years old and all of sudden her poop has become runny and smelly(er). First thought was obviously parasites right? Wrong. Fecal test came back totally clear. She only goes around once every couple of weeks and the last two have not been solid at all. Looks like chili with no discernable urate. Over the last 2 months she's laid 2 separate clutches of about 25 eggs each. Appetite is fine. Devours both bugs and greens bugs and greens are you feeding?
My dragon is about 2 years old and all of sudden her poop has become runny and smelly(er). First thought was obviously parasites right? Wrong. Fecal test came back totally clear. She only goes around once every couple of weeks and the last two have not been solid at all. Looks like chili with no discernable urate. Over the last 2 months she's laid 2 separate clutches of about 25 eggs each. Appetite is fine. Devours both bugs and greens.
What greens and bugs are you feeding? How much?

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I’m… honestly not sure, could you post a picture? Let’s have some others take a look; @Drache613 @AHBD @xp29 @KarrieRee

Bruce Wayne

Original Poster
Too much squash will give runny stools -please post a pic of the poop
Don’t have one handy. She only poops once every 10 days or so. Will post one as soon as I have one. She doesn’t really get squash. Outside of greens, it’s just bell peppers once in a while and maybe strawberries as a treat once very 2 weeks. Ever since this has started it seems like her appetite has increased A LOT. I was sure her fecal test was going to be positive for some type of parasite.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Don’t have one handy. She only poops once every 10 days or so. Will post one as soon as I have one. She doesn’t really get squash. Outside of greens, it’s just bell peppers once in a while and maybe strawberries as a treat once very 2 weeks. Ever since this has started it seems like her appetite has increased A LOT. I was sure her fecal test was going to be positive for some type of parasite.
Ahbd might have more answers for you flagging her
@AHBD

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Okay… next time she does defecate snap a picture for us to take a look at; don’t know why iI didn’t ask before, what’s your UVB and heat sources? No coils — how are you measuring your temps? What are they? Should be between 95-110 degrees.

Bruce Wayne

Original Poster
Okay… next time she does defecate snap a picture for us to take a look at; don’t know why iI didn’t ask before, what’s your UVB and heat sources? No coils — how are you measuring your temps? What are they? Should be between 95-110 degrees.
Linear tube uvb (Arcadi) 150 watt bulb for heat. Basking temps always around 100-105. Temps measured with a temp gun and digital themometer.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Linear tube uvb (Arcadi) 150 watt bulb for heat. Basking temps always around 100-105. Temps measured with a temp gun and digital themometer.
Fantastic! Your husbandry is spot on so I doubt it’s caused by such a thing, you could try supplementing probiotics. That helped my guy like crazy when he had some unknown case of diarrhea a couple weeks ago.

Bruce Wayne

Original Poster
Fantastic! Your husbandry is spot on so I doubt it’s caused by such a thing, you could try supplementing probiotics. That helped my guy like crazy when he had some unknown case of diarrhea a couple weeks ago.
Here is a couple of pics of the latest explosion…..yuck. Kinda looks like indigested BSFL.

Attachments

• IMG_4605.jpeg
    IMG_4605.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4604.jpeg
    IMG_4604.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 46

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Here is a couple of pics of the latest explosion…..yuck. Kinda looks like indigested BSFL.
Yes, it looks like BSFL. You could try cutting back on those to see if that makes a difference, in the meantime I would try and get my hands on some probiotics.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom