Roaches loose EVERYWHERE!!!! HELPPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

moose9

Hatchling Member
I live in the desert in S. CA., and found that if you keep the room/house cool, they will die off. I have found several of my escapees dead on there backs from the cold in the air conditioned rooms. The B. dubia cannot tolerate the cold. I just discovered recently we have the B. lateralis infesting our home this summer, and I discovered these after I bought some from the LPS. I told the owner those look like what I have running across the floor at home. Fast little buggers. I sit in my room at night and watch them (1-3) run across the floor. I catch them and put them in another container for later feeding of other inverts. My mom has gotten use to them and just canes them, and my wife, well she would rather not talk about them period. They are also subject to cold, thankfully. Good luck...

SPIKE09

OK YOUR GOING TO NEED SOME OUTDOOR GECKOS LIKE WE HAVE HERE IN TEXAS... LOL
THEY ARE RARELY SEEN BUT IF YOU PUT A FEW IN YOUR HOUSE THEY WILL HUNT OUT THE ROACHES AND THEIR NEST AND CLEAR YOUR WHOLE HOUSE!!!!!! THE BEST PEST CONTROLL AND SAFE FOR THE ENVIROMENT

moose9

Hatchling Member
SPIKE09":a4d44 said:
OK YOUR GOING TO NEED SOME OUTDOOR GECKOS LIKE WE HAVE HERE IN TEXAS... LOL
THEY ARE RARELY SEEN BUT IF YOU PUT A FEW IN YOUR HOUSE THEY WILL HUNT OUT THE ROACHES AND THEIR NEST AND CLEAR YOUR WHOLE HOUSE!!!!!! THE BEST PEST CONTROLL AND SAFE FOR THE ENVIROMENT
We have little desert skinks in the house. I set live traps outside my room every night to catch the B. lateralis roaches that started appearing in the neighborhood about 3 years ago. Our yard and house are pesticide free, so free food for my critters. I catch upwords of 50 roaches a night on the warmer nights. The geckos sound neat too. I don't know if we have any here or not. I live in the desert, so I think we do, I just haven't seen any.

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The other day my mom was like "hey Jessie I heard your kitten crunching on something I think it was one of those huge water beetles" :lol:

sunnyvale22

Hatchling Member
wow there is something you can do. you can spray windex in the cracks and corners of the house, the roaches and ants don't like it and most of the time, they die. i would also do that banana thing and leave out some sticky stuff for them to get caught on.
i had an infestation of crix for about 2 weeks here. i was in so much trouble. my bf had dropped the container on his way out the door in a hurry. didn't bother to pick them up. 4 weeks later i'm full of babies and adults in my bed and everywhere. \
good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom