Roaches loose EVERYWHERE!!!! HELPPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
:banghead: My kitten somehow took the lid off my roach tank and pulled out an eggcrate filled with dubia roaches. I have over 700 roaches. I got a call from my brother that they are all over the house!!!!!! I'm FREAKING OUT! The males are all over my room and downstairs the cats are chasing them. WHAT DO I DO?????!!! I live in NJ will they survive?? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Jessica

Ryan Maguire

Sub-Adult Member
Just start collecting as many as you can, and let your cat keep chasing them and eating them. There isn't much you can do I would guess since they can be hiding quite well now. Also put some open bananas on the floor and try to see if roaches will be attracted to it and come to them to eat (then swoop them up)

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
i started laghing when i saw this...but it scares the **** out of me i lose the odd cricket and my parent get pissed....i just moved the cri =cket eggs out side lol scarey though....how many lizard DO youy have??lol....collect some kids give them 5 buucks each to collec 100.....they should get 500 or soo easy

EclpsPrinc

Juvie Member
I'm sorry, I had to laugh at this when I first read it. This has been one of my worst fears... a house full of escaped roaches. We dealt with loose crickets before and that was a real pain. I can't imagine it with roaches. I really feel for you! Good luck getting them all collected.

xbryghtleax

Wow that sucks. This is part of the reason why I don't do roaches. It's a risk.

But try the banana thing someone mentioned earlier.

Tigg

Juvie Member
They do require 70*+ temps to survive... unfortunately... summer is here.

My best advice... leave the A/C on full blast for as long as you can... The good news is, they need 90*+ temps to breed, so they won't be multiplying very much. They have an average life span of 6 months... luckily they aren't as creepy looking as normal roaches that infest houses.

Stupid question... have you been home to see this yet? First thing that came to mind when I read your post is wow that would be a great prank call to my wife!!! lol

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i'm home. They are all in hiding. My kitten just carried a dead male into the TV room and gave it to my brother. Im sure as hell not telling my parents. I have no idea what to do.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Oh you poor thing!
That is like my worse nightmare.
All I can say is best of luck.

I agree with Ryan you could do the banana or any dish of veggies at night time and watch to see if they come out to get it....then snag them up just don't forget to pick up the dishes when your done or your parents will be sure to find out.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hey Jess,

So sorry to hear your roaches have escaped! I know it's not funny and I feel for ya sweetie. When you put the bananas out that was suggested, try putting them in some kind of box or rubbermaid container for easy entrapment. If you could find a box/container big enough, you could put it on its side. Once enough roaches have gathered in to feast on the bananas turn the box upright and that way you can pick them out of the box to put back in their bin. Like someone else mentioned you are going to get the most at night with all the lights out, that's when the little buggers like to come out.

Best of luck to you!

BTW....which one of those little furry babies let the roaches out to invade your home? Was it Captain Noodles or Mr Moo Moo? :roll: :lol:

Fallencomrade2008

Juvie Member
Ok fallencomrade to the rescue... if i were you i would start wil fly paper under the couches and under the fridge and all that good stuff they can hide under. Bait it with smell good foods such as an open bannana. at night roaches usually run around. If its cold out open up the doors and windows. hopefully they will die by cold but that's not the best answer. your best bet is to just call an exsterminator but....then again its expensive. Either way your gonna just have to try to catch as manny as you can and hope your parents don't see umn.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Nah....I don't think Jess' parents would notice all the doors and windows open or an exterminator walking around the house! :roll: :lol:

Yeah....it's going to take you a while to get those buggers!

Fallencomrade2008

Juvie Member
gulfbrzdawn":87813 said:
Nah....I don't think Jess' parents would notice all the doors and windows open or an exterminator walking around the house! :roll: :lol:

Yeah....it's going to take you a while to get those buggers!

well you close the doors when mom an dad are comin home and forget the exterminator till last hope lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom