Reptisun 10.0 distance question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyemiline

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Tell me about it! I drive myself crazy worrying about every little thing my boyfriend has been getting irritated because of it.

Thank you for the advice though. I will go pick up the heat bulb. And i do plan on investing in a solarmeter in the next month hopefully.

If you do play around with your solar meter let me know if you find out anything regarding my setup or similar.

I am taking in all advice i can get from all sources since I'm new to the dragon world.

amyemiline

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also the hood we bought. It came with a reptisun 5.0 bulb

Would that still be too much uvb if i were to switch out the 10.0 for the 5.0 you think?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Check out this site for some detailed info about the strength of different bulbs and how the UV is emitted from them. http://www.uvguide.co.uk/BIAZA-RAWG-UV-Tool.htm that site has charts for the 5.0 and the 10.0, and so does my chart that cooper linked earlier. Basically the 5.0 is about half of the 10.0, that might be more suitable if the two bulbs are paired up - a 40g is going to be a bit small to make a good gradient in with two strong lamps. I'd probably only pair a MVB and a 10.0 with a meter to double check the levels.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I thought I would weigh in here also for you. I did PM you too. :D
The charts he put up for you are terrific so definitely take a look at them.
If you have pictures of your setup, please post them if you can. Depending on the placement, etc the pairing of the two should be fine. In my experience, the Powersun is a bit weaker so at the distances the UVB:UVI should be fine with how you are explaining the placement.
Getting a solar meter would help out immensely though just so you can know for sure on the readings, to adjust the distance accordingly if needed.
I think I may have thought you meant a regular Reptisun 10 & not the T5, but even so, I still think as long as they are placed strategically that the pairing will be very good. When do you anticipate getting your meter, next month possibly?

Tracie

amyemiline

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thank you Tracie. I should be getting the solar meter by the end of next month and plan to switch the mvb for a basking bulb untill I get the solar meter.
Thank you all for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom