Repti sun 10.0 opppsss

Status
Not open for further replies.

auntylolo

Extreme Poster
Hi, I'm not sure why no-one else has piped up, but the repti-glo 10.0 seems to be the cause of some serious problems. Are you talking about the tube? To protect the eyes from the low wavelength uvb it should be around 10 inches away, but at that distance the output is quite low. It is the lesser of 2 evils tho, to have it at 6 inches away could give your bd very sore eyes at the very least. The safest way to use it is to have it 10 inches away, and make sure you use a bright white light next to it in order to make the pupils constrict as much as possible.

smilieone

Original Poster
i am talking about the tube? oppsss it called repti sun 10. i have it and a white heat light on him our tank is 18 inches high and he can get about 10 inches from it.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Do you have the ReptiSUN 10 tube or ReptiGLO 10 tube?

ReptiSUN can be 6-8 inches away, which is best. ReptiGLO should be about 10 inches away. Both should have a bright white light next to it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The reptiglo 10 flourescent tube bulb should be 10 inches away from your dragon for safety, & should be mounted directly beside the basking light to protect the eyes.
Also remember that the Reptiglo 10 flourescent tube light is not the greatest UVB & it does not have very good quality of UVB emission.

Tracie

smilieone

Original Poster
I guess i am still confused. Repti this and repti that lol.. I first had a coil reptiglo and i thought i was supose to switch it to a reptisun tube. but i guess i didnt realize there is a reptiglo and reptisun tube.. crap now i still have the wrong thing and spent more money arrrghhhhhhh

ArdorAndZeal1

Hatchling Member
you can likely return any reptiGLO product or compact bulb you bought from a retail store for credit if you say -- "hey, theres scientific evidence that suggests that this product hurts pets... giving them Photo-Kerato-conjunctivitis and contributing to Metabolic Bone Disease, and other ailments" than send them to the link in my sig so they know what Photo-Kerato-conjunctivitis is, and send them to ReptileUV so they can learn why UV B is so complicated.

ReptiGLO = BAD
compact bulbs= BAD
coil bulbs= BAD

ReptiSun 10.0 or 8.0 = Good

PowerSun Mercury Vapor Bulb = Better*
Megaray Mercury Vapor Bulb = Best*

*my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom