Reptaid xl

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
kingofnobbys":29wrv687 said:
davidrepti":29wrv687 said:
Yea sounds a bit fishy to me but there’s tons of good reviews on amazon about this product!! And yes I have changed my basking bulb recently and no it’s not those red or blue light garbage that nobody buys those are for nighttime anyways..jeez what you play me for a fool

Sorry , but unless the reviews are published in a Herping mag and made by someone who is NOT connected in anyway to the company / brand/ product , or on board like this , then they aren't worth the electrons that they are made up of on the screen, ie they are ficticious made up by the company who "makes the stuff" or by an advertising agency AND NOT TO BE TRUSTED.

Knobbys I agree with you totally, but he's talking about the Reptisun 10.0 T5HO UVB tube...

And yeah, good point, do not trust the reviews on Amazon.com for Reptile Lights, they are so very wrong most of the time, written by teenagers and Petco employees, lol...

davidrepti

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Damm... idk then. The lizard has no appetite lethargic idk what to do vets are very expensive and sometimes kills the lizard maybe find a good one

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
davidrepti":2ashdkkw said:
Damm... idk then. The lizard has no appetite lethargic idk what to do vets are very expensive and sometimes kills the lizard maybe find a good one

Don't worry about that UVB light, it's one of the best you can buy, that definitely is not the issue. We were just commenting that in general, the Amazon.com "Product Reviews" are not worth reading. They also have those "Ask a Question" sections that are just answered by whoever wants to answer them, and I've actually corrected a few of those regarding Dragon stuff, because the answers given were so wrong they were dangerous, lol.

The Reptisun 10.0 T5HO is one of the best available UVB tubes out there for a Dragon, the only issue they've ever had was actually a few months ago, there was a bad batch of tubes that weren't emitting adequate UVB light due to a manufacturing problem, but ZooMed bought them all back and replaced them for free at least. It depended on when you bought your tube and what color the end-caps on it were...

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For what it's worth, I, and some others on this board, have used reptaid in the past with success. Not for treating an eye infection, but other issues. Not that it helps you much OP, but thought i'd throw that in there.

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
davidrepti":1qkmfl9w said:
What brand of eye drops do I get there’s a lot can you send me a link

I'd visit the chemist and buy a small tube of Manuka honey ( Medi-honey , I use Activon Brand) and 1ml syringe and a 14G drawing needle (these are blunt and not made to push through skin).

I'd draw out of the tube about 0.3ml of honey , and then draw about 0.3ml of water, give it a mix and then you'll have diluted manuka honey eyedrops that can deposited on the dragons eyelid using the same syringe without a needle attached. simply wrap the needle in cling wrap between eye treatments and keep in the fridge, the 0.6 ml of honey water mix will last a long time - likely wont use the entire 0.6ml for eye infection treatment.

This is fine , the remaining honey solution can be given to dragon at some time as a sweet treat. All my skinks and dragon love the stuff.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
No one said that Reptaid doesn't help for ANYTHING, we said it does nothing to help an eye irritation or any eye infection, which it doesn't. Why would it? You take it orally, and it's not an antibiotic or an antifungal. He simply needs his eye washed out with a $1 bottle of Visine and then an antimicrobial put in it, like the raw honey. Or, if you want a REAL treatment, go to Tractor Supply and spend $15 on a little tube of Terramycin, it's the same antibiotic eye ointment that your doctor would write you a prescription for if you came in with an eye infection, but it's available over the counter for animals at Tractor Supply. It doesn't matter which you choose, the $1 bottle of Visine to at least rinse the eye out, at the very least, or the raw honey, or the Terramycin, but you need to rinse the eye out and apply an anti-microbial, not give him a holistic, orally given appetite booster. That's what Reptaid is good for, LOL, it's given to dragons who stop eating to keep them hydrated, give nutrition, and try to boost their appetite.

If you dragon has an eye infection or something in it that's irritating it, and you mess around, stressing him out to give him Reptaid orally, which will do nothing, he's only going to get worse. Please, it should make sense that if someone has an eye irritation or infection you need to use saline to rinse it out daily and an anti-microbial to treat the infection. Orally giving him Reptaid will not do a damn thing for his eye...for other issues, absolutely, but not an eye infection/irritation.

davidrepti

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok well he also has a decreased appetite I will get visine and honey. That’s just what the bottle says

davidrepti

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
And yea someone did say it was not to be trusted because it’s not in magazines and amazon reviews are not to be trusted so there’s a lot of mixed opinions and messages on here

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I never said that Reptaid "Wasn't to be trusted", that isn't my concern here at all, I'm coming from a medical point of view here. I have heard many people say they have given their sick dragons Reptaid to aid in boosting their appetite with success, it's all-natural, so that's great (IT IS NOT A "CURE" BY ANY MEANS FOR WHAT IS CAUSING THEIR APPETITE LOSS THOUGH, AND THE BOTTLE DOES NOT CLAIM THAT IT IS, IT'S A HOLISTIC APPETITE AID). My concern is that giving any of the ingredients that are contained in Reptaid by mouth to a dragon that has an eye irritation caused by something caustic or that is an allergen, or that has an eye infection caused by a bacteria or a fungus, is not going to do a damn thing, and it will only get worse while you're giving it to him. That's my only concern. Reptaid does not claim to cure eye infections on the bottle at all. I just looked it up. It basically says that if there is an eye allergy caused by an environmental allergen it can aid in reducing the allergy symptoms...that's not what your dragon needs. It's like giving him a Claritin for an eye infection. That's the best example I can think of. It won't help.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
EllenD":pq1f9aeq said:
No one said that Reptaid doesn't help for ANYTHING,
And no one accused anyone of saying that either.
EllenD":pq1f9aeq said:
we said it does nothing to help an eye irritation or any eye infection, which it doesn't. Why would it?
Orally giving him Reptaid will not do a damn thing for his eye..
No need to get bent out of shape, in my post I clearly said that it wouldn't do much for an eye infection.
In fact, I wasn't even posting in response to any statement you made, so I don't understand the slight anger in your post. I was responding to a comment kingofnobbys said:
kingofnobbys":pq1f9aeq said:
Sorry , but unless the reviews are published in a Herping mag and made by someone who is NOT connected in anyway to the company / brand/ product , or on board like this , then they aren't worth the electrons that they are made up of on the screen, ie they are ficticious made up by the company who "makes the stuff" or by an advertising agency AND NOT TO BE TRUSTED.
And the only reason I responded to it, was because someone reading this ( the topic is titled reptaid xl, it will come up on a search if someone is doing research on the product) needs to see that there are people who have had success with it in the past, and that can be the difference between a dragon living and a dragon dying.

Lack of familiarity with a product is no reason to say it is worthless. King, this isn't a dig at you either, please don't take it that way. :) I actually agree with you in your distrust of companies reviewing their own products :wink: I was just wishing to provide you a review by someone not part of the company, as you so mentioned. And to anyone who reads this topic in their search for opinions on reptaid xl.

-Brandon

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
claudiusx":3h6l1pb8 said:
EllenD":3h6l1pb8 said:
No one said that Reptaid doesn't help for ANYTHING,
And no one accused anyone of saying that either.
EllenD":3h6l1pb8 said:
we said it does nothing to help an eye irritation or any eye infection, which it doesn't. Why would it?
Orally giving him Reptaid will not do a damn thing for his eye..
No need to get bent out of shape, in my post I clearly said that it wouldn't do much for an eye infection.
In fact, I wasn't even posting in response to any statement you made, so I don't understand the slight anger in your post. I was responding to a comment kingofnobbys said:
kingofnobbys":3h6l1pb8 said:
And the only reason I responded to it, was because someone reading this ( the topic is titled reptaid xl, it will come up on a search if someone is doing research on the product) needs to see that there are people who have had success with it in the past, and that can be the difference between a dragon living and a dragon dying.

Lack of familiarity with a product is no reason to say it is worthless. King, this isn't a dig at you either, please don't take it that way. :) I actually agree with you in your distrust of companies reviewing their own products :wink: I was just wishing to provide you a review by someone not part of the company, as you so mentioned. And to anyone who reads this topic in their search for opinions on reptaid xl.

-Brandon

I wasn't even referring to anything you wrote, sorry if it came off that way Brandon.

And David, "I need to chill" but I'm concerned about your dragon's eye problem. I'm not angry at all, I'm very truly sorry if my writing came across that way, it happens on the internet all the time, things that people write get taken out of context. I apologize to Brandon because he took what I said the wrong way, and I do believe that Reptaid serves it purpose as well, just not this one.

David, you want me to chill, again I'll apologize if I came across as "angry", LOL, I have no reason to be "angry" and I'm not, but I was trying to get my point across I guess, strongly, because as soon as Brandon wrote his post about "Reptaid helping with many issues, just not eye issues", your first response was immediately "Yeah man, that's what I'm talking about" or something of the sort, and my first thought was honestly "Oh great, now this guy is going to give his dragon oral Reptaid for any eye infection because he took what that guy said the wrong way, and his dragon's eye is just going to get worse and worse". My concern was and is only for the health and well-being of your dragon. Period. But I'm not angry about anything.

I'll be the first to admit that when I write online and I'm passionate about something, like the health and well-being of an animal, my writing certainly does reflect that. That being said, 99% of the time what I write is taken the wrong way. I come from a very long, strong education and training/work experience in both Animal and Human Medicine and Health. So when I know that something isn't going to help a medical issue that an animal is suffering from, yeah, I want to get my point across clearly to the owner. Period. That's it, my only intention. So once again, I'll apologize for coming off the wrong way, I am sorry, I didn't mean to piss anyone off over Reptaid use for ******** sake, LOL.
It has it's purpose as a natural, holistic appetite booster. And I've not used it for my dragon's personally, but have used similar appetite stimulant mixes of the same ingredients.

But again, it won't help an eye infection. And what Knobbys said is true, you should not EVER read a review on Amazon.com and just trust it and order the product, especially a medicine or health remedy, as those reviews can be written by literally anyone. You could go onto Amazon.com right now and write a review about any product sold on the sight, even if you've never even seen the product, and just make something up to screw with people. It's a system that needs to be modified by Amazon, because a lot of the information given in the reviews and in the "Question and Answer" sections are just total crap.

But again, telling me that "She needs to chill" isn't going to help you dragon either. I'll apologize for the way I wrote what I wrote, and I am sorry, but I'll never apologize for trying to help your dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom