Reptaid xl

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidrepti

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I’m concerned about my dragons eye problem he’s not eating on his own whatever u act like I don’t know ****...and I’m askin for help and I’m also concerned about your tone on here but it’s cool

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thanks for clearing that Ellen :D

David, The most important thing here is that your dragon gets back to good health so lets all just get back to whats important, helping you and you helping your dragon.

Ahbd asked a few posts ago about some pictures, can you get those for us?
What have you done so far in regards to advice you've received in this thread? Keep us updated.

-Brandon

davidrepti

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I’m giving him Reptaid because of no appetite either I just gave him eye drops and honey today on his eye

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
To Be completely honest with you, I would hold off on the reptaid at least until after the eye infection clears up. I don't remember how I came to the conclusion ( I could go read through the hundreds of posts in Naughticas thread I guess... lol) that despite reptaid being touted as a safe herbal supplement, I still found it to be slightly tough on my dragons systems. That's why I would say focus on one thing at a time first, and that needs to be the eye.

For all we know, the lack of appetite can be due to just the stress of the eye infection. Clearing that up might be all that's needed to bring the appetite back.
If you still feel the need to use the reptaid after the eye clears up, then that's up to you. But, if it were me, I would hold off on the reptaid for now.

Great that you were able to try some eye drops. How did he react to the eye drops?

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You probably can do it from your phone. How I do it is I upload my pictures to a photosharing site, then I copy the img code and paste it on here.

And real quick since I didn't see it mentioned earlier, what are you using for substrate. A loose dusty substrate can contribute to an eye infection, if not at least make it take longer to heal. Something had to have caused it, fixing the issue is important, but so is fixing the cause.

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
davidrepti":1usn8hg2 said:
Or it could be a vitamin A deficiency he was never to fond of greens an Veges

Might be a good idea to have a reptile vet assess EXACTLY what is going on rather than shooting in the dark and guessing , treatment for the wrong cause can do much more harm than good while all the time the condition worsens.

To check for vitamin deficiencies a blood test is required.

davidrepti

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Better I let him walk around in my basement now he’s sleeping on my bed and he’s going to the vet on Monday for a check up. He always perks up when I let him out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom