R.I.P. JUDAS :( :( R.I.P MISTY :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my new girl, she is one of Barbara's babies from the first clutch and was born on 7/17. Her proud parents are Ms. Tiggs & PVT Blaze. As we know, all Barb's beardies are spoiled.
She had a long trip from CA yesterday, all the way to NY. She arrived 12:30 today. She is gorgeous, has orange colored eyes and is a real sweetie.
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

I had a problem with Photobucket, promise to put up more pics later. She had a bath, ate a few greens & a little squash as well as 2 crickets. She has been cuddled quite a bit already. And, as Barbara knows, she loves to run up your hand & arm when you try to put her back in. :D
Her stress marks are gone right now, she laid on my lap and snuggled into my hand. :shock:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
I'm trying to catch up on all my thread, and am so sorry to read about Sabrina and your difficult decision to let her go, I know you made the right choice and I'm so glad you saw her happy colors. Words can't express how sorry I feel for you and your family, but please know my prayers and healing thoughts are being sent your way. Rest now, sweet, sweet Sabrina, you'll be missed.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
So very sorry about your precious Sabrina. Even though she is in a better place, I know it was hard for you. You did the right thing. :cry: I will keep you all in my prayers.
((((HUGS)))))

Sandy H :(

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Christine, that was very sweet. Yes, it was extremely difficult but I do know that it was the right one and it was the one last thing that I could do for HER. She gave us 6 1/2 wonderful years of love and fun and we will be forever grateful for that. I know she loved us as much as we loved her.

Thank you Sandy. She was/is precious indeed! She is now at rest and no longer in pain. I really miss cuddling her and putting her to bed though. I know that is a void that I will miss for a very long time.

jjh1

Juvie Member
I am very sorry for your loss and I know that she is in a better place with no health issues and happy in dragon land with all the other dragons having a great time with no health issues.
Sending you hugs of comfort at your time of need
Joanne (((( Huggers ))))

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thank you Joanne, I really appreciate your kind words.

It will be a week tomorrow since I had to put my girl to rest. I haven't been able to move anything out of her tank since but I know that's something that I do need to face soon. :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It will be hard no matter how long it's been, I know you miss her so much. You do things at your own pace, as you can, that's all you can do.
HUGS
Deb

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
HUGS to you Deb too.

The reason I have to take her tank apart is because Gizmo is missing her very much and looks really down. I need to bring the big tank in from the porch so that I can put Misty in it to help keep them both occupied. So, I know I need to put their feeling ahead of my own and do it sooner rather than later. I still catch myself walking over to Sabrina's tank to care for her, I was doing that so much before she died.

I have to check out your thread to see if there is any new news on Roger and your babies.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello Diane! Hope you are doing well. I agree with Deb on taking your time to take down Sabrina's set up, but I do understand that you need to tackle the task for Giz's sake. :(
Maybe you will be able to do it today since you are off. I am sure it is going to be an emotional job, but we are all here if you find it hard and need to talk. I will be on and off throughout the day, so if you need some emotional support, I am here for you. :wink:
If you feel up to it maybe you could give us an update on all your babies. Might help to take your mind off of the matter at hand.
Hugs to you!!!!

Sending_Hugs_Your_Way.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Dawn for offering me emotional support if needed when I decide to take Sabrina's tank apart. I wasn't up to doing it on Tuesday though. I did get a lot of other things done, cleaned out closets, ironed, did laundry, housework, etc. Got more accomplished than I had the past few Tuesdays and I'm not feeling as physically and emotionally drained as I was because now I know Sabrina is at rest and no longer uncomfortable. Still missing her lots though, especially in the morning and early evenings.

I apologize for not posting lately. I planned on it last night but we lost our internet, phone and cable last night due to severe thunderstorms with bad lightening, heavy winds and quarter sized hail. We had bad storms again today and there was lots of tree damage on my way home from MA. Tonight is quiet so that is a relief.

Gizmo is doing better, has more strength in his walking. My big Mulberry assortment came in yesterday and he enjoyed 2 medium horns. Misty and Judas are enjoying the very large silks. Misty is quite large again but not hyper so I'm not sure if she has more eggs developing or not at this point. Will have to wait and see.
This weekend I plan on getting Sabrina's tank cleaned and the other one brought in so that I can start working on the bulb wattages and temps. Will let you know how I make out.

Thanks Barb for the really nice pics and touching thoughts. :wink: I really am doing ok.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad to hear that you're feeling ok, Diane, and I know this weekend will be difficult, so know that I'm thinking of you & sending you lots of good thoughts. Gizmo will feel better, too.
HUGS
Deb

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hi Diane!!
I'm so sorry about Sabrina but I'm really happy that you are aware that it was the best for HER! That's so important when making that decision...I'm sending the biggest cyber hugs your way!!!!!
That's great that your babies got some wormies, I need to make an order as well...I was wondering if Misty would lay a 5th clutch...Belle is looking rather large too but hey, she's entitled to some baby weight! LOL! I'm hoping that Fiona is working on another clutch, she ate 20 supers plus salad yesterday so her appetite is incredible!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello Diane! Just wanted to stop in and see how you are doing. Glad to hear you got your Mullberry order and everyone is enjoying their treats. :mrgreen: I need to order some horns here soon as well. If I don't, the little "WE WANT HORNS" picket signs will start appearing in Bligg and Rexie's vivs, LOL
How did this past weekend go for you? I hope it wasn't too awful hard on you. :(
Still thinkin' of ya and sending hugs!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hi Kat. Yes, we know we did the right thing for Sabrina. We are still her missing her lots though. Have lots of great memories. Thanks for the cyber hugs.

Misty only laid 3 clutches, totally skipped a month. She is quite the big girl now and is eating well. I don't want her to get as big as she was before but yet if she's building herself up in preparation for more eggs, I don't want to cut her feeders back either. She's not running around like crazy yet, will have to wait & see. I have to get another wt on her, I'll bet she's close to 600 grams. Any idea what Belle weighs? Wow, Fiona is eating very well. Bet she is getting a 2nd clutch ready for you.

Hello Dawn. Judas & Misty are really enjoying the horns. They were all pretty small but we all know how fast they grow. The silkies were really big but they're all gone now. I still have medium supers as well as giant and regular sized butters (they're in the frig) so have a good supply of choices. Guess you better get your order in before you see those picket signs. :lol:

Poor Gizmo came down with another URI. He's such a little small boned guy and we can't afford for him to lose any wt. So, I called Dr. Bill today and he just left here about an hr ago and injected him in his bicep with Batril. He gets a total of 5 injections to cover 25 days so we will give him the last 4 although Bill offered to do it if we need him to. He's a great guy. I tried to give him a $20 bill for his trouble but he settled for a hug. He will bill us for it but he said "it won't be much." We don't care, whatever it takes to get Giz all straightened out.

Well, I cleaned everything out of Sabrina's tank. It was hard. I even found a small piece of shed skin. We couldn't bring the other tank in yet because Paul hurt his middle finger at work and it's so swollen that it's shiny and quite painful so I didn't want him to do much lifting. He's hoping it's only sprained but I told him that he needs an x-ray. You know how men are. :roll: Thanks for the hugs. :wink:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
It was nice getting all the updates, but when I came to the piece of shed from Sabrina statement, I lost it, that must have been hard, I'm glad you have fond memories of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom