Prolapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok Janie
I edited it out.
Its very nice of you to do this.You just stepped up a rung on the beardie angels ladder :wink:

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Naw, just helping a Beardie sister out ! Remember, you all are Family !
Janie.
Leeduh, you should get this bulb in the mail by friday, at the latest, going to send it overnight. I can make it so you have to sign, is anyone at home during the day time ?
Please pm or email me.

Leeduh

Original Poster
vickson420":55290 said:
Lieta
I would send a PM with the address instead of posting it.It isnt safe to leave that info out in the open.Do you know how to edit your post?I can do it for you if you like.Also do you know how to send a PM.

Will do, i noticed you edited it already.. my dad always tells me im too trusting lol

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so happy that you found a willing vet to help out with payment arrangements for you!
Also, that is so nice, zebraflavencs, that you are helping her out with a Reptisun 10 tube bulb! Thank you for doing that for her. :D

So she does have eggs after all? I am afraid she is probably a little eggbound since she is most likely hypocalcemic. Did you go ahead & move the eggs?
How is she doing this evening? Has she had any fluids or food today?

Tracie

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
You should have that bulb by noon tomorrow, i over nighted it for you !
Keep us posted !
Janie.
Oh almost forgot, someone will need to sign for it !

Leeduh

Original Poster
UPDATE!!!

Took Puff to the vet....

Last night she ended up laying 14 eggs! Once we got there when the doctor was pushing around her belly and she got another egg out of her... Got the prolaspe all cleaned up.... gave her an enema and got a lot of stool out of her.... she is ONLY 3 oz! She lost so much damn weight!

I have to soak her 2x a day, dry her and put this cream that has a steroid in it 2x a day. Give her meds once a day, and HAND Feed her a mixture of 3 things...

She said that she can''t say puff will make it for sure, but shes got a shot... and if she does go down, atleast she went down fighting...

Thanks for all your help!!!

It actually looks better NOW.... I take her back next week

Today only cost 98$ and they let me slide with paying 75 this week... The doc is calling me tomorrow to check up on here, they are so nice there!

That is such great news!! I was thinking of you guys all week. I am so glad they were so nice. We'll be thinking for a perfect road to recovery. Keep up the great care, it sounds like a lot of work but will be worth it in the end!

Jennifer

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Well I am happy to hear that you got her to the the vet and OMG that poor thing is really underweight.Did they put a stich in her vent to try to stop the prolapse from happening again?What food did they give you?Also do you remember what type of injectionn they gave?Did she tell you what it was that was actually prolapsed?Did they take any XRay to confirm all the eggs were out?

I think it would be a good idea if we were to go over your entire set up to make sure you have all of the husbandry correct to try to ensure this doesnt happen again.Are you up for that?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is good news that the vet checked her over. I'm wondering too if he took an xray to see if there were more eggs visible. Also wondering about the type of prolapse and if the vet had an idea of what caused it. Guess we have a lot of questions.

As Vicky mentioned, it would be a good idea to give us your setup info to make sure everything is fine, sure wouldn't want this to happen again.

Leeduh

Original Poster
It was the eggs that caused it... I guess she was eggbound for a bit?

Also i'm not sure they gave her an injection, i'm almost positive they DIDN'T. No xrays... However she did massage her belly, and as she was doing that she got the last egg out from the right side... And she felt something in the left, couldn't get it out, and figured maybe it's stool, and she gave her an enema and a lot of stool came out. There are no more eggs in her... She squished that little belly up so much lol!

She completely cleaned off the tissue, and it is NOW the pink/red color it should be, and it's even already back in her body! it is no longer outside...

She said she didn't want to do anymore today, because she didn't want to stress her out anymore then she already did... and she also said she is NOT in pain. ( But i really don't think theres a way of ever really knowing that )

AS far as her set up goes, i can get the exact bulbs i have tomorrow....

I can tell you, i have a 90 GALLON FISH tank, because i wanted the height to put large logs in it... I was using crushed walnut shells, but i'm switching to that fake grass stuff.. Right now she just has a towel in there...

I have one of those long fixtures that allows 4 BULBS and 1 LONG bulb. I have 3 bulbs in it, two heat ones, and one black light *the other spot is empty* ... I will get the number off them tomorrow i'm pretty sure they are both 60wt though Just not sure of the brand... And the long is of course the 10.0 Reptiglo. I will work on getting a new one... But for now i have to use this, and a member is sending me another one, i just need to get another fixture to put it in.. I have a 36 in fixture on top, and also one of the tube lights? Bowl lights? I dont know what you call them! The little single ones, which has a 60wt in... Maybe a 75... I have two thermometers in there, one on each side at the bottom... However for some reason i reach 90 degrees in the entire tank, and thats what the doctor said to keep it at... I want to get a 150 wt red bulb, are those any good? Just so one side gets hotter.... I will eventually be buying her big logs, right now we only have her little ones in there... I couldn't afford more on top of the 600$ i spent on the tank and lights...

Leeduh

Original Poster
vickson420":45be0 said:
Well I am happy to hear that you got her to the the vet and OMG that poor thing is really underweight.Did they put a stich in her vent to try to stop the prolapse from happening again?What food did they give you?Also do you remember what type of injectionn they gave?Did she tell you what it was that was actually prolapsed?Did they take any XRay to confirm all the eggs were out?

I think it would be a good idea if we were to go over your entire set up to make sure you have all of the husbandry correct to try to ensure this doesnt happen again.Are you up for that?

They didn't stitch her... She said it was really swollen... WE are going back next week so maybe they will do something then? I have hope, and i think shes a fighter ( since she bit me while i was trying to feed her,lol.. id bite someone too if they shoved their finger in my mouth to keep it open.. :lol: )

I truely believe Puff is gonna pull through this... And Hopefully i can get her weight up soon...

I have to feed her,

Critical care with chicken baby food, and reptile calcium- all mixed together and syringe it into her little mouth.

I got a fair amount into her tonight... She actually seems to like it... :D

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok I know we got the reptiSUN on the way courtesy of Janie so thats great and I am fully aware of the hood your talking about and its a royal pain in the butt.I used to have one and because the bulbs are on sideways it doesnt direct the heat down but instead all over the tank.For now the best thing to do is use a clear household white household bulb for daylight heat because reptibulbs dont work and besides the household bulbs are cheaper and really all they need for heat.Now the temps,you need to get a digital probe themrometer.They are cheap like 4$-12$ depending because the sticky/dial ones are totally inaccurate and they dont measure what actually needs to be measure which is the basking SURFACE.The basking SURFACE should be 95-105F for her and a cool end air temp of 75-80F.Once you get a better handle on funds I recommend just getting a regular clamp lamp for the heat bulb(about 10$) and a seperate strip light fixture for the uvb unless you can fit the hood and a clamp lamp on the top at the same time then you can continue using that.Also make sure she can get to within 6-8 inches of the UV as that could have been why she couldnt deliver the eggs if she was low in calcium.Are you disting her feeders with calcium?Right now you want to be doing it 5Xper week and once she is back on tack bring it down to 2xper week and she should be given a multivitamin once a week as well.I prefer repcal calcium w/d3 phosphorous free and herptivite.Great on the food supplement critical care is wonderful so thats good and just remeber to keep her well hydrated.I think she is a fighter and wont give up on either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stocam01
Top Bottom